sponsor a nurseRegister Today!
- by studentnursdipan Oct 3, '09hi
i'm an international student, graduating in may with BSN,does anybody know any hospital that would sposor me and hire me as an RN-BSN?
- Oct 3, '09 by Ginger's MomDo you have a working visa ? If not there is a very long wait.
- Oct 4, '09 by studentnursdipanno....i have f1 right now which is a students visa....but even after u graduate with BSN as an RN, there is a wait?? i thought...nursing had a faster process? no?
- Oct 4, '09 by 5catsThose days are long gone, since the end of 2006 to be exact, there are no visas for several years. Look for a job in your homecountry or elsewhere.
- Oct 4, '09 by ghillbertYou should be able to work with OPT for one year, this has to be arranged through your school. After that, there are no visas for new nurses, even with BSNs. This means noone can sponsor you, even if they wanted to. There is a very long wait - you will need to look to other countries.
- Oct 4, '09 by Silverdragon102May sure you apply for OPT before you graduate, I think at least 4-6 months before you complete your training. As mentioned even then once you complete OPT unless you stay as a student you are looking at another country or returning to your home country. Retrogression is not something new and your international student advisor should have told you about the difficulties staying once completed training
- Oct 12, '09 by studentnursdipanbut i graduted as a respiratory therapist...and i used up my opt...as far as i kno, u cannot get a second opt...?
- Oct 12, '09 by Silverdragon102You can get OPT again as long as the course you do is higher level than the one you used previously. i.e if you did ADN and use OPT and then go on to do BSN then you can use OPT again as BSN is a higher level than ADN
What level have you qualified as a RT?