RT as specialization in other countries especially UK or Australia

  1. Hello colleagues. I am a registered nurse who wishes to pursue a specialization with cardiopulmonary nursing. I became an RN at the age of 19 and thought, it's still early for me to work. Since I'm very interested in the cardiopulmonary system, I pursued a BS in Respiratory Therapy. At present, I am having my internship year and with less than a year before graduation.

    Now, I'm curious if my second Bachelors will be credited as a special training to become a Pulmonary/Respiratory Nurse? I wanted to work abroad (perhaps in the UK or Australia) because here in my home country (Philippines), the nurse's role is very limited and highly physician-dependent. Any thoughts?

    Thank you so much.
  2. Visit jetrnrt profile page

    About jetrnrt

    Joined: Apr '13; Posts: 1
    nurse, RT student; from PH
    Specialty: 1 year(s) of experience


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    The UK uses pulmonary nurses but I do not think that will be enough for you to get sponsored as Resp nursing is not on the job occupation shortage list.

    Moved to International nursing as asking about working outside country of training
  4. by   ghillbert
    There are no RTs in Australia.
  5. by   jenxx
    What are the particular jobs as a nurse in Australia that are on the job occupation shortage list? I'm planning to enroll for hemodialysis training here in the Philippines and have at least one year experience before going to Australia, would that be enough? And are renal nurses included on the job occupation list?
  6. by   K+MgSO4
    Check the DIAC website.