I need Sponsorships for international nurse from Sweden
- 0Nov 30, '11 by Nina NurseHi,
I want to move to Canada or USA to work.
I need help with Visas etc.
Who gives sponsorships in Canada or USA?
Do anyone wants to hire now? I read about the enormus shortage of Registered nurses so there must be anyone helping...
I have a 3 year bachelor degree from Sweden. I'm Swedish!!!
- 1Nov 30, '11 by Silverdragon102 AdminLook up retrogression in regards to the US and see that you will have over 5 years wait for a immigrant visa allowing you to live and work in the US. Many US nurses are struggling already to find work so unless you have exceptional skills finding a employer willing to wait will be hard
Canada will depend on the province you wish to live and work and meeting provincial requirements and then finding a employer willing to employ you. There are many routes to get into Canada but if a employer is required then you have a job on your hands finding one willing to get a LMO which proves that they are not able to employ someone already in Canada and if you get PR based on your profession there is no guarantee once in Canada finding a employer
- 0Nov 30, '11 by Nina NurseWhen researching the subject i can't find anything other then personal opinions that there is lack of work for nurses in the us. News desks and surveys all state that there infact is a shortage and that it is growing rapidly and that the us will by 2020 have a shortage of 1M nurses.
"At the conclusion of 2004 there was a 6% shortage of nurses to meet the current patient demand. By 2020 the shortage is estimated to rise to 29%"
Here are some more articles about the shortage..
I do know about the troubles with the green card in terms of the regression.. still you can work under a H1c?Last edit by Nina Nurse on Nov 30, '11 : Reason: Forgot mentioning
- 1All I can say is that though the US news reports a nursing shortage, in reality, hospitals are forcing nurses to work short-staffed in order to save money.
The reality in the US employment scene is that many, many nurses are out of work, can't find a job.
Unemployment in the US is at all time high:
What you will find is that though the government says there is a nursing shortage, in reality, hospitals are not hiring due to the lack of reimbursement and the need to save money.
What this means in reality is that a nurse who worked at a hospital 10 years ago on a med-surg floor was responsible for 4-5 patients. Nowadays, its not uncommon to be responsible for 6-10 patients. So, the hospital is saving money.
- 1Nov 30, '11 by Ginger's Momhttp://allnurses.com/nursing-news/nu...-a-639781.html
I would suggest a good read here, also there is retrogression a long wait to come to the USA.