HELP my license will expire!!! - page 2
by henryrnpunk 3,780 Views | 32 Comments
My license will expire next yr. - june 2007 and im still here in philippines I still dont have an SNN... my agency said they can renew it even if im still here by june 2007. Im so afraid to lose my license and take agai NCLEX. By... Read More
- 0Oct 18, '06 by suzanne4And to clear up some mis-information that is listed above without having to go thru each and every post.
There are states and territories that will grant a nursing license without the nurse having a Social Security Number, but to renew the license, it requires that the nurse have a SSN#. If a SSN#, is required to work there, then there will be a requirement of the SSN# to renew.
Every single state in the US that issues the license without a SSN#, will need to see one before they will renew the license. Not one will do it without that magic number.
Please do not trust the word of the agencies, most have very misguided and misleading information, especially out of the Philippines.
- 0Oct 19, '06 by suzanne4Quote from henryrnpunkDepends on what the requirements are of the BON. Most require that you have a SSN# in order to renew. If you do not have one, then your license will become inactive until you have the SSN# and pay the fees to make it current.what if I just passed the nclex but im still here in phillippines and expiration date is 2yrs? can I renew it even if I dont work in US.
- 0Ms. Suzanne or anybody please help me to understand the letter send to me by Saipan BON....
"Your license is valid until June 30, 2007. The Board will mail your application for renewal of license to the most current address in your file, not less than ninety (90) days before your license espires.
In order to renew your license:
1. You must complete thirty (30) hours of approved Continuing Education (C.E.) three (3) months prior to the expiration of yuor license period. Proof of 30 hours of C.E.U.'s must accompany the renewal application.
2. The appropriate fee and recent 2"x2" photograph (taken within the last six months) must accompany the renewal application. Application form must also be signed and notorized.
3. Please advised the Board's Office of any change(s) in your name, address, marital status, etc."
My current situation is that I'm still here in the Philippines and haven't work in US, I still don't have an SSN, and most probably I'll still be here until my license expires... Is it possible that I can renew my license here in the Philippines even without an SSN??? need some advice pls... I don't want to take the NCLEX again!!!!.... Thanks!
follow up - What is "Continuing Education"? thanks again...
- 0Oct 19, '06 by NRSKarenRN Admincontinuing education is education via seminars, workshops, conferences, presentations, online or home study articles, inservices, facility grand rounds, classes, college courses taken after receiving nursing license.
many states have this requirement but not all. some require specific courses like infection control, aids, patient safety etc
contact hour equivalencies
- 1 ceu = 10 contact hours
- 1 contact hour = 0.1 ceu
- 1 contact hour = 50 minutes
- 1 academic semester hour = 15 contact hours
- 1 academic quarter hour = 12.5 contact hours
- 1 cme = 60 minutes or 1.2 contact hours
- 1 ama credit = 1.2 contact hours or 60 minutes
free nursing ceu's - allnurses.com nursing for nurses
- 0Feb 13, '08 by RN_Bendewezhello! i would like to do a ff up regarding his query about the 30 hrs C.E. , is www.rn.com approved for the C.E.? and if i dont renew my saipan BON license what will happen? um, as uv said a while a go i will not take the nclex ever "again" even if i dont renew my license? i really dont wanna take it again
and in my case, i applied for endorsement for Cali BON, & it is awaiting my SSN. my saipan BON will expire on june 2008. will i still need to renew it even if my cali endorsement is already pending for my ssn?
thank you so much n hoping for you kind attention