Can I earn a BSN in South Africa and come back to the US and work?Register Today!
- by megan_hollowedxoxo Feb 9Hello,
I really want to go to nursing school in South Africa to earn a bachelors of science in nursing (registered nurse) but I don't know if I am able to come back and work in the US after my schooling is done. I met a guy that lives in South Africa around a year ago and we have been dating ever since. i even went out to meet his family over winter break and stayed for a month. So the reason being that I want to attend school in South Africa is because I am not ready to get married and that is almost the only way to have someone stay permanently in the US. So I need advice on attending nursing school in South Africa. Can I bring the degree back to the US? Any information anyone could give me would be GREATLY appreciated.
- Feb 9 by Silverdragon102Only answer really would be State BON who would assess your training as a International trained nurse and decide whether you meet eligibility to sit NCLEX
- Feb 9 by megan_hollowedxoxoThank you for your reply. I live in California. So you are saying I should contact the California state board of nursing?
- Feb 9 by Silverdragon102You need to contact your BON or CA BRN and ask them requirements that need to be met if you trained overseas to be able to sit NCLEX and be licecnsed in the state of CA. Just be aware many IEN are having issues with CA
- Feb 19 by goldenkeyz21Quote from Silverdragon102Hi SilverdragonYou need to contact your BON or CA BRN and ask them requirements that need to be met if you trained overseas to be able to sit NCLEX and be licecnsed in the state of CA. Just be aware many IEN are having issues with CA
just a quick question, why are international nurses having issues being approved for CA?
- Feb 19 by loriangel14Read this thread: