Indiana State University online lpn-bsn - page 2
by l.blanton86 6,668 Views | 17 Comments
I'm looking into this program and trying to determine the pros and cons. I know there are other threads on hear, but they all look to be several years old and I'm looking for current info. Does anyone have info for me? Any good... Read More
- 0Feb 11, '13 by logank622Quote from gusakov1You can only take the challenge exams through Indiana State. They are not offered anywhere else.Logan622-
did you take the test with Excelsior college? or CLEP? or with college network themself?
did choose not to sign up with college network and just bought some books on ebay.
thank you for everyones responce
- 1Mar 23, '13 by BrightLPNHi Everyone -
I am working on finishing up phase 2 of ISU LPN to BSN program to meet the June deadline for Fall admission. So far, I like it a lot. I am a bit nervous with how clinicals are going to factor into everything (studying, working full time, ect.) Is anyone else on this thread looking to apply to ISU for Fall 2013? Or is anyone else here in VA applying for the Fall 2013? If so feel free to message me or friend add me. Thanks! :
- 0Mar 26, '13 by lpntorn2beHi,
I live in the Hampton Roads Virginia area. I am in ISU Phase 2 and have taken 3 out of the 4 challenge exams. I have Peds left which I heard was the hardest and I plan to take it in about 3 weeks. My goal is to make the June 1st deadline in order to start Fall 2013. I would love to network with any other nurses planning to start around the same time. I have had a great experience with ISU so far. I have taken all of the general education requirements at local community colleges and universities. I didnt have any problem with any of my classes tranferring in. I am currently enrolled in 2 non nursing classes at ISU and took 2 non nursing classes with them last semester. My online instructors have been awesome. I work full time so I plan on only doing 2-3 classes a semester to not get overwhelmed. It should take me approximately 5 semesters to be done. Im in no rush because I have a really decent job with good hours in OB/GYN.
In regards to the college network, I have only purchase one study guide from them because I was forced to after failing the first attempt at Challenge exam (med-surg). I had to purchase the module which was exactly like the book I purchased off of ebay. I purchased all 4 study guides from ebay for about $140.00. I think the college network is a total rip off. I highly advise people to be wary of them.
I will keep everyone posted on my admission status and how the program goes. Good luck to all!
- 0Apr 29, '13 by 805FutrNurseI too am thinking of attending ISU for the LVN-BS Program. I am a current LVN student at Career Care Institute in Southern California. I'm gonna be 23 this year and I have a 5 year old so I think that the online courses would benefit me and my situation a lot better than having to make arrangements for a sitter so I can attend classes. I am a little iffy about the whole ISU Program though. I most definitely want my BS Degree so I am not really looking into Excelsior College for the LVN-RN Program. Any ideas??
- 0Apr 29, '13 by JustBeachyNurseExcelsior isn't accepted in California. Check with CABRN as for a time ISU was not acceptable in CA, I've heard that they are cleared to accept CA students again but only in the LA area. Check first as CA has not accepted ISU's LVN to BSN program for almost a year now due to issues with following CA regulations with concurrency of clinical and theory.
- 0Apr 29, '13 by Theone40I called the CABRN and the person I spoke with said she had not heard anything about ISU starting again in CA . She transferred me over to a sup to leave a msg to call back with a definite yes or no.. I'm curious if anyone has actually received info from the board or ISU that the program is actually going to start ?