Please Help! Getting an LPN endorsement in IndianaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Please Help! Getting an LPN endorsement in Indiana in Indiana Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... 1) I am about to attend a LPN program at Lebanon Technology & Career Center in Lebanon, MO. My...by apriljk22 Oct 23, '111) I am about to attend a LPN program at Lebanon Technology & Career Center in Lebanon, MO. My husband is currently in the Army and stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. As soon as I graduate, pass the NCLEX, and receive my license from Missouri we plan to move to Indiana. Do I have to work in Missouri with my Missouri LPN licence before I can apply for an Indiana LPN endorsement?
2) On the Indiana website for LPN endorsement application & instructions it states that you will need to provide official documentation of graduation from a state accredited program in nursing. My school that I am about to attend the LPN program in Missouri is on Missouri Board of Nursing as an approved school of nursing. It also has full approval from the Missouri State Board of Nursing, the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, Department of Higher Education and accredited by North Central Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI). I am just a little confused if there is a difference between accredited and approved. Do you think Indiana will accept the education from my nursing program?
Here is a few links that might help you answer my question:
Thank you for your help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=632359©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 926 Views
- Oct 23, '11 by dudette10The IN BON can answer your question more completely and accurately than anyone here. One tip....call NOW, rather than wait until the end of any semester. You will never get through by phone when everyone is graduating. They are deluged with phone calls then.
- Oct 23, '11 by Nascar nurseNo matter what answer anyone gives you here, you will not ever be sure it is the correct answer. The only way to know for sure is to call the Indiana BON.
- Oct 23, '11 by WhisperaDefinitely call the Indiana BON now!
- Oct 23, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNI graduated LPN school in North Dakota and never practiced there. I moved to Louisiana immediately p taking NECLEX-PN and was licensed w/o a problem. But you really should check w/ your BON to make sure all your ducks are in a row a graduation.