Truman or daley college..."represent your school" what school r u attending ? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 7, '09 by RossayRNIt's okay, can't wait till it's over. I have 2 more semesters left. It's not that bad for me, alot of work and studying but I love science and I love the topics we cover so the material comes easy for me and I actually crave it lol. But when all is said and done, I think I will be taking a little break after I graduate in 2010 need to know what life if like without being in school (been in school since 2000). We have the same problems that the students at daley have, and just about any other nursing program. Once you master the information and learn how to answer the style of question, you do pretty good. The good thing about daley is you dont have to have exit exams after every class. You pass and move on except for hesi at the end. As chicago state, you have to take an ATI exit exam after completing every class, and if you don't pass it, then you automatically fail the class and have to retake it (they give you 3 or 4 tries). This semester during the OB rotation we lost at least 16 people, that didn't pass the class so they didn't get to ATI, and of the passing students, a nice handful didn't pass ATI the first time. But I think they will be fine for the second take. It's all about individuals and how well you are at answering what the questions are asking you.
- Jun 11, '09 by BABYGIRLCHASIM CURIOUS ! I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I ONLY SEEN A FEW POSTS FROM DALEY STUDENTS COMPARED TO TRUMAN STUDENTS. I WANT TO KNOW HOW IS THE NURSING PROGRAM AT DALEY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH DALEY'S PROGRAM. I ATTENDED BOTH ORIENTATIONS AND I MUST ADMIT I FELT THAT THE TRUMAN OREN. WAS A LITTLE BIT MORE INFORMATIVE AND THEY GAVE OUT MORE HAND OUTS DURING THEIR ORIENTATION COMPARED TO DALEY. (JUST MY OPINION). I BEEN HEARING RAVE REVIEWS ABOUT TRUMAN'S NURSING PROGRAM. SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK TOLD ME THAT USUALLY AT ALL THE CCC COLLEGES RN PROGRAMS THAT THEY USUALLY FAIL HALF OF THE STUDENTS THAT ACTUALLY STARTED THE PROGRAM. HAVE ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS ? BASICALLY, THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ALWAYS WEED OUT THE STUDENTS THAT WANT SUCCEED BEFORE THEY CAN GET TO THE SECOND YEAR OF THE PROGRAM. I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW MANY STUDENTS USUALLY GRADUATE COMPARED TO THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF STUDENTS THAT STARTED THE PROGRAM. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS GAVE ME FEEDBACK AND INFORMATION. ONCE AGAIN I DONT WANT TO HAVE ANY REGRETS AND I WANT TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SCHOOL. I GUESS IT REALLY BOILS DOWN TO THE STUDENT AND NOT REALLY THE NURSING PROGRAM. . AT TRUMAN'S ORIENTATION I CHOSE PRESTON BUT MY SILLY SELF DIDNT REGISTER YET WITH THE BLUE REG. CARD, AND HER CLINICALS ARE AT HOLY CROSS HOSPITAL WHICH IS RIGHT AROUND MY HOUSE. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ? , I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE GETTING TIRED OF ME WITH THIS DALEY AND TRUMAN STUFF. LOL I'M IN A BATTLE WITH TRUMAN AND DALEY...:smiley_ab:smackingf:thnkg:
- Jun 11, '09 by iowanursemanPick a nursing a nursing program that wants you to suceed, rather than one that does not care about its' students. You will find that if the faculty and fellow students have a attitude where everybody wants to suceed, then you will do great.
- May 15, '11 by BABYGIRLCHASI am officially finished with Nursing School Class of 2011. Daley College Graduate Nurse, RN
- May 15, '11 by BABYGIRLCHASIm finished with Nursing School Daley College Graduate Nurse Rn Class of 2011 . So happy the rollercoaster ride has come to an end... "Game Over" lol
- May 15, '11 by MaleCNA87Congratulations!!!!!! How was the program?
- May 16, '11 by RossayRNCongrats!
- May 24, '11 by BABYGIRLCHASThank you
- May 24, '11 by BABYGIRLCHASQuote from MaleCNA87Thank you ! OMG, Super disorganized and constant last minute changes. I've never been so overwhelmed in my life until I became a nursing student. It takes a whole lot of discipline to say the least. lbvs. If you ask me, I think all ccc schools are dysfunctional . I stayed praying and focused. I think the politics of nursing school is what's HARD, everything else is doable. Best thing about it is I met some cool people on my journey and Im glad Im off that crazy rollercoaster ride...Congratulations!!!!!! How was the program?