SIUE Accelerated nursing program..pros and cons?Register Today!
- by genafur8 Feb 8, '10Hello all,
I just wanted to get some input from others about my situation. I applied to two nursing schools (one at a community college, SWIC, and a univeristy, SIUE's accelerated program, both in Illinois) while on the waiting list for a nursing program at a community college in St. Louis. I am currently in my first semester at the community college in St. Louis but just got my acceptance letter from SIUE for the upcoming fall semester. My question is what should I do? I have weighed out the pros and cons but cant seem to come up with a decision. Thanks in advance.
- Feb 10, '11 by ranursingcongrats! when did you recieve ur acceptance letter? i am actually waiting on a reply for the fall 2011 semester!
- Feb 10, '11 by cmorton23How was the HESI test???
- Feb 10, '11 by NoimanurseI think it depends greatly on your personal situation. Community college will be about 1/2 the cost, will take longer, but generally you can work while going, you will have an ADN and if you want a BSN you will have to go back somewhere. SIUE will be more costly, won't be as long, but they told me point blank..NO WORK...you will end up with a BSN though. I went the community college route, worked, saved a load of money, and already have a BA in Biology to go along with my ADN. You just have to look at your own situation.
- Feb 17, '11 by NevadaFighterOoooh! I'm waiting on a letter, too. Do you remember when your file was completed for SIUE?
- Feb 25, '11 by ranursingHas anyone received anything back from siue's absn program for fall 2011? They were suppose to have sent something out a couple weeks ago...
- Apr 1, '11 by imrachelmHello, I was accepted for SIUE's Fall 2011 Accelerated Nursing Program. I am nervous about not being able to work, but excited to finish fast! Does anyone know the schedule? I am assuming that it will be five days a week and all day long. Anyone know for sure?
- Apr 1, '11 by NevadaFighterQuote from imrachelmHello, I was accepted for SIUE's Fall 2011 Accelerated Nursing Program. I am nervous about not being able to work, but excited to finish fast! Does anyone know the schedule? I am assuming that it will be five days a week and all day long. Anyone know for sure?
Awesome! Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back. Did you receive a letter this week?
- Apr 1, '11 by imrachelmEarlier this year, I was told I was on the waiting list. I recieved an email of acceptance Wednesday, and she said a letter will be sent this week.