Resurrection Spring 2013 Applicants
- 0Jul 17, '12 by wl1000jaeHi!! I finished my Spring 2013 applications, and thought it would be beneficial to start a new thread
Currently my GPA holds 3.5 cumulative, I think science wise 3.0.
My TEAS exam came out to be 72%, and I talked to a counselor and he said I don't have to retake it...(I wanted to retake the exam to be accepted as guaranteed admission ) and since I applied rather early, he said I don't have to worry...I'm still not sure if I should. What do you guys think? To people who got accepted, what score did you guys get for TEAS exam?
- 12,207 Visits
- 0Jul 22, '12 by trying to be a nurseHi- I just applied for the Spring 2013 semester. I took a survey of general chemistry class at prairie state so I think I may need to take General Chemistry - what do you think: I am scheduled to take Teas in a 3 weeks. Other than that I need a speech class - do they make decision before you finish the classes. Everything else is done
- 0Jul 22, '12 by wl1000jaeHmm I don't know exactly, since I finished all of my science classes+most of the electives except 2 humanities classes+computer information system class when I applied. [However I'm taking rest of the electives as summer course and will be done in a week] I think if you finished most of the classes, then you won't have any problem as long as you finish it before the Spring semester starts, and if you are standing with a good GPA and do good job on TEAS it would be ok. Hope your TEAS exam goes well!
- 0Jul 27, '12 by wl1000jaeThe thing is, they are gonna let me know the decision in August, and I don't think the teas exam would be available sometime soon...I called the school today but the office was already closed so I have to call them again to find out :P But yeah, I was worried about that too.
- 0Aug 9, '12 by EfciaHi! I'm applying for Spring 2013 as well. I scored 79 on TEAS and asked if I should retake it (I have an overall GPA of 3.6, science: 4.0). I was told that it wouldn't hurt: besides guaranteed admission, there is a scholarship available. I took it again, and scored 85You may consider taking it again, just for a piece of mind.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the application to be reviewed/accepted?
- 0Aug 28, '12 by A Meli NaireHi future classmates. Thanks wrl1000jae for creating the thread. I figured I read the threads enough that I should create an account. To help those fretting over the TEAS exam and GPA requirements I currently have a 3.0 cumulative GPA, 3.0 science, a TEAS of 68, and need to complete a few pre-reqs. I feel it is most important to fully complete and submit your application early. My Previous transcript (2005-2009) is HORRIBLE... However the last few years I have had an average GPA of 3.6...Perhaps the committee looked at that in determining my acceptance. You do not have to be an ALL A's student to get accepted....BUT it may make you feel better when you wait to hear if you were accepted. I submitted my application the beginning of August and heard EXACTLY a week later that I was accepted. Can't wait to start, meet all you great students/future nurses. If you are NOT accepted do not feel discouraged. I applied for my community college's program 8 months ago and am still waiting to hear if I was accepted (guess not) but am fortunate that Resurrection staff has viewed my past and present academic accomplishments and sees that I am a great fit. DISCLAIMER: I apologize if words are misspelled...I wrote this on my iPad with limited spell check.