east st. louisRegister Today!
- by hoyt69 Jun 26, '06I am supposed to start a new contract in east st. louis at kenneth regional hall hospital soon. wondering if anyone has been there and their experience. safe area? safe working enviornment? staf?, etc. any information greatly appreciated. thanks. hoyt69Last edit by hoyt69 on Jun 26, '06
- Jun 29, '06 by dance_200where are you from e st, l is not the safest area as i have passed over going there any time i can. send me a private email for more info
- Jul 1, '06 by meownsmileI agree E. St.Louis in general isnt the best area to work in if you can avoid it. Not necisarily saying the hospital, i dont know about their facility, but the geographical area isnt the best.
- Jul 3, '06 by SillynicunurseI wouldn't hang out in the area before or after work. But the facility itself is safe. They have had no real problems to speak of. My friends daughter works there and has not had a problem. Just be aware of your surroundings and don't dilly around something you should do no matter where you are or what you are doing IMHO.
- Jul 6, '06 by nursebrandie28i work in E stl......i love it.....but i will warn you....the population of pt's, the mentality of them will drive you crazy....but i think u get that everywhere
the nurses station in ER is bullet proof they have the best security and the crew is a blast.....
Quote from hoyt69I am supposed to start a new contract in east st. louis at kenneth regional hall hospital soon. wondering if anyone has been there and their experience. safe area? safe working enviornment? staf?, etc. any information greatly appreciated. thanks. hoyt69
- Jul 6, '06 by traumajunkie03Went to school in this area and did a few clinicals there...I'll be honest, ESL is a rough area. The area around the hospital isn't too bad. I'd just advise utilizing the security guys to walk you to your car at night, etc, then move on. If you are just minding your business around there, you'll be fine.
As far as the staff, I really can't comment because I wasn't around them too much. The hospital itself is pretty old and at the time I was there parts of it was unoccupied. Things may have changed though.
What brings you to the area? Have you looked at other places around St. Louis?