Accepted into Methodist College of Nursing Peoria Accelerated BSN ProgramRegister Today!
- by vanasd Oct 11, '09Hi guys,
Wanted everyone to know that I got my letter in the mail...So excited!! Starting the program in Jan. 2010...What a great way to start off the new year!!!:heartbeat
Does anyone know anything about the college and there program? Is anyone planning on going to the Open House at the end of the month??
- Oct 11, '09 by traumaRUsHey congratulations! I remember a few of your other posts in the IL forum. I live near Peoria and have heard that the MMCI program is very good. Good luck.
- Oct 11, '09 by vanasdHi,
thanks so much....What is it like living in the peoria area..I am thinking of just staying on campus because I do not know anything about the area.I will be coming from out of state.
- Oct 11, '09 by traumaRUsBe glad to answer questions. I didn't know they even had dorms anymore...the ones I'm used to seeing have been torn down, but maybe rebuilt somewhere else?
I'll be honest, I wouldn't live off campus in that area. The dorm would have security, correct?
The area near Methodist is industrial and those few residences that are still there are in a very sad state of disrepair. The big hospital in the area (level one trauma center) is right across the street: OSF Saint Francis.
There is bus service but it is slow and cumbersome from what I know. I live about 20 miles outside of town and most everyone does drive. You want to make sure you have covered or garage parking in that area. Shopping is about 5-7 miles up the road (I-74).
I-74 is the interstate that bisects Peoria. Caterpillar and the hospitals are the biggest industries here.
The weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy - its only 50 degrees today! So...bring winter clothes.
Hope this helps....feel free to PM to if you have questions.
- Oct 11, '09 by vanasdHi,
Thanks so much for the information. I will live on campus. They do have 24 hr security. The program is 2 nights a week and also weekend classes. I will have to probably get a job. How is the job market in Peoria?
- Oct 12, '09 by traumaRUsSlim to none. However, maybe MMCI would have something?
- Oct 12, '09 by RemilekunA girl in my mircobiology class just got her letter in the mail as well. I live in Bloomington, which 32 miles east of peoria. Like TraumaRUS said, living on campus would probably better. I've heard methodist is a good program and wouldn't mind going there, but l don't want to live in peoria.
- Oct 12, '09 by traumaRUsWhat about commuting? I do my call in Bloomington and its <1 hour from Peoria.
- Oct 13, '09 by JazzyOneRNI applied to Methodist as well and they are waiting on one other transcript Im applying for fall of 2010, but she asked if I would be interested in January, but that is too soon considering Im coming from out of state Congrats Vanasd...Where are you coming from? I know nothing about peoria either
- Oct 14, '09 by traumaRUsI'm actually in Chicago at the moment for the IL Society of Advanced Practice Nursing conference but it is sleeting here and I understand the weather isn't any better in Peoria.
Bring warm clothes - lol!!!
If I can answer or help you all, let me know. I worked for 10 years at OSF in the ER (the hospital right across the street from Methodist) and live just a little south of Peoria.