Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College
- 1Apr 17, '12 by Katja508Hi all! I've started this thread for those of us who have gotten the good news and have been accepted to start the nursing program at Truman College in Fall 2012!
If you are still waiting to hear, I would suggest visiting the other thread I started for some helpful information, tips, and support!
Here's what I know so far:
- There WILL be clinicals in the first semester (6 hours)
- The classes will be scheduled via a lottery system
- We should be receiving a letter from Dr. Gurney in the near future that details what our next steps should be!
Please add to this thread if you have any more information or just want to say hi!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and having classes together shortly!
- 1Apr 19, '12 by jrschaafHi All! Congrats to all of us! I'm also accepted into Truman - I sent 2 emails AND left a voicemail asking for confirmation and haven't heard back, but I''m assuming they are just swamped. Like ss_suzie said, we all have our sent emails so I'm sure we're fine.
Also, I picked up a fall schedule and was looking at the nurse 101 hours -- does anyone know if those hours are just for classes, or are our clinicals also included in those times? Just trying to sort this out so I can keep my boss posted on what kind of hours I will be able to work! Also it seems like some of the classes meet for several more hours a week than other sections - has anyone else been able to decipher this?
- 0Apr 19, '12 by Katja508Okay, some more updates:
I called Truman and asked what was up with the crazy Nursing 101 schedule for the Fall. I was told that we will have 2 two hour lecture classes per week and one 6-hour clinical per week. I mentioned that the way the schedule was laid out, it looked like there were multiple clinicals per week. She said that it was inaccurate and that if we signed up for the evening program (which is what I asked about so I'm not sure about the day session), that we should be able to sign up for the evening classes and choose our clinical that is matched with those classes (looks like either Friday or Saturday).
I emailed Dr. Gurney just to be sure I had indicated evening session on my application and she responded that while I was guaranteed a spot at Truman, the decisions about the evening/day sessions would not be made until all of the acceptance emails were sent (argh!).
Then, as mentioned above, another email was sent today from Dr. Ousley that we would be receiving an email on May 14th. What I was confused by, though, is that I received two emails. The second said to disregard the first. The only difference between the two was that the first one said "Welcome to Harry S Truman Nursing Program" and the second one said "Welcome to CCC Nursing Program". She either made a mistake because she was sending them to all students in all programs or (I hope this is not the case) that we are not guaranteed at Truman yet! Surely, it's the former but as OCD and paranoid as I am, I always question it!!
I hope this helps!