- 0Aug 17, '03 by brian AdminHi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- 3,904 Visits
- 0Aug 18, '03 by AsstudentbsuI just wanted to say thank you, Brian, for starting this introductory post and I hope this turns out to be a wonderful forum for discussion. I am a BSU Nursing Student in my second year. I hope to find lots of useful information and plenty of feed back from others in Idaho.
- 0Aug 18, '03 by SueBe40this looks like a great way for us to keep in touch throughout the state -- Am currently working on a new unit in Boise -- 9WU @ St. Luke's -- It's the Women's Unit and should be unique to the area -- I look forward to seeing who posts replies and comments -- BTW -> Good luck @ BSU -- was a BSN graduate there this May -- great instructors.
- 0Sep 5, '03 by JannaPI am originally from Montana but went to school in Nampa at Northwest Nazarene University and graduated in 2002. I was working in the CCU at St. Luke's in Boise but that is up in the air right now because of some ugly hospital politics. I love St. Luke's and really don't want ot work at any of the other hospitals in the valley so we'll see what happens.
Sue -- how many beds does 9W have? What kinds of patients do you guys have? (I know women, but are they mostly gynecological issues or lots of things or what?) Hopefully some of our colleagues will join us here!
- 0Sep 18, '03 by AsstudentbsuI just looked on the website for St. Lukes the other day and it depressed me. All I saw was that they were not taking new graduates. I still have a way to go, 3 more semesters for AS-RN (however you word that), but it's not very promising if no one wants to hire us when we do get done. I also just got my CNA and authorization to practice as a Nurse Apprentice, but it doesn't look hopeful for at this moment. I can't complain too bad though because I haven't looked that much. I applied at St. Als and downloaded the app for St. Lukes. I also applied at Elmore since I live in Mountain Home. Any advice?:stone
- 0Sep 18, '03 by JannaPDon't get discouraged yet. They aren't hiring new grads right now, but they often do at the beginning of the year. I tried in August after graduation and had to wait until January to get on board. They are open to new grads, they just aren't hiring any at the moment probably because they have several already on board that they need to get trained first. Just keep after it. You'll find a job.
- 0Sep 19, '03 by AsstudentbsuThanks, that's encouraging. Like I said, I still have 3 semesters to go, but I did hope to find something as an Nurse Apprentice and that didn't look promising. On top of wanting to be a nurse all of my life, I felt this was a good choice for career after I read tons of articles on "the Nursing Shortage", then I look up on the website and they aren't hiring. It was scary. I do appreciate the encouragement.