Baby Angel Babcock - have you experience this?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Baby Angel Babcock - have you experience this? in Hospice Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I read the following this morning on Good Morning America about baby Angel Babcock: Angel's...by ws582 Mar 5, '12I read the following this morning on Good Morning America about baby Angel Babcock:
Angel's mother, Moriah Babcock, 20, father Joseph Babcock, 21, and two siblings Jayden and Kendall were found dead in the same field as the toddler Friday afternoon. Angel's grandmother told ABC News that when she let her granddaughter go Sunday afternoon, she knew the baby girl was going in the arms of her father."We were all around the bed, I had my hand on the side of her, and I reached for her hand, and was holding her hand," Babcock said. "I don't know what made me let go but she put her arms straight up, she was daddy's little girl. So daddy picked her up and took her. The whole room seen that. He was just like, standing in front of her. She wanted to go with daddy."
I'm very interested in becoming a hospice nurse, so I've been doing a lot of research. I've read several times how some people who are very close to dying reach out or act as if a loved one is there with them. Am very interested to hear if anyone has witnessed something like this. Thank you
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=682388©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,470 Views
- Mar 5, '12 by momof2guysI have been working in hospice for many yrs and seen similar pre death activity. I had one lady that was unresponsive for 3 days a few hrs prior to her death she opened her eyes and had the prettiest smile that I've ever seen. She was "talking to William", now her husband that preceeded her by 5 yrs was Mr Henry not William. Later pre dtgs question her brother concerning this brief "awakeimg
- Mar 5, '12 by momof2guysSorry, finishing story. Pts brother stated " William was her 1st husband, he died due to car accident 6 wks after they married". Apparently she never spoke of this to her girls. Patient was talking to William who was waiting for her? The girls were up set that she did not call out to their dad, our chaplain had his work cut out for him
- Mar 5, '12 by ws582What a cool story! Thank you for sharing.
- Mar 6, '12 by allforthekiddsI had followed a story a couple of years ago of a young girl who had cancer. The cancer had spread to her lungs and there was nothing else the doctors could do. When she took her last breath her mom said she reached up, her mom knew the angels came to get her.
In my opinion, this is beautiful testimony to the afterlife
- Mar 6, '12 by rita359Many life after life books out there suggesting that pts who code and are resusitated often experience seeing loved ones on the other side. Sceptics will never find "research" to prove this but I don't think it isn't a provable thing. While alive how does one prove an afterlife. We will only truely know once we die. There is enough written about this to confirm for me a life after life(heaven by faith) and some that seems to confirm hell for some.
- Mar 6, '12 by merleeMy dad also sat up and reached out to ??? the day before he died. I was there when it happened.
- Mar 6, '12 by NayRNIn December 2010 my son was just a couple of weeks old. My father in law, John, who had always had a close relationship with my two older children, was mostly unresponsive, on hospice care for prostate cancer with mets. He never had the chance to meet the new baby, but a couple of days before he died he came to "visit."
It was 3 am, and I was up for a feeding with the baby. The living room where I was sitting was dark, but the hallway light was on, and out of the corner of my eye, I glimpsed the shape of a large man moving across the open space leading to the hallway. I wasn't afraid, and when I looked in that direction, I saw nothing. I attributed this event to lack of sleep due to having a newborn, and I took an extra nap the following day.
The next night, it happened again. Same time, same way.
I spoke to my husband about it, and we discussed it maybe being John coming to see the baby, or to see my husband, who had not been to see John either. My husband went to see him the next day, the rest of the family was already there. John died less than 24 hours after my husband's arrival.
This is a little different than most stories of moment of death, or after death experiences, but I think maybe in that twilight between life and death sometimes people have a chance to tie up loose ends.
I am not a religious person, but this experience really made me wonder.
- Mar 6, '12 by Esme12Right before my Grandma passed away, I slept at her bedside. Every Night my Mom talked to my Grandfather and long passed relatives...all night long. On the night she passed away, my Grandfather was there once again. Happily chatting away for a couple of hours my Mom finally told my Grandfather that it was time to go to bed, she went to sleep with a smile on her face......she never woke up. Her and my Pap went home together.
- Mar 6, '12 by ws582Thank you for sharing. Those are wonderful stories.