Gaining weight in homehealth - page 2
Ive noticed that since Ive started homehealth, Ive gained quite a bit of weight. When I get home, i have too much paperwork to even think about having time to exercise. When driving from patient to patient, its so easy to just... Read More
- 0Sep 25, '10 by Luv2care0907Quote from chenoaspiritIn December of last year, I weighed upwards of 200 pounds. Today, I weigh in the 150s. I have lost a good bit of that weight since doing HH. I have been doing Quick Weight Loss, the diet that Rush Limbaugh encouraged. I admit that going to work takes a bit of planning. I have a canvas bag that I put 5 bottles of water in plus my dinner and protein bars, Quick Boost (I use FRS) and pills and fruit. I carry a zip lock with those little extras in it. When I come home from work, I set up my bag for the next day minus my main meal(s). I usually eat two meals at work.Ive noticed that since Ive started homehealth, Ive gained quite a bit of weight. When I get home, i have too much paperwork to even think about having time to exercise. When driving from patient to patient, its so easy to just run thru the drivethru and get something quick to eat. Ive gained about 25 lbs. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?
I found QWL to be very expensive. So I have done my homework to find alternatives. I did that at Vitamin Shoppe. I hope that helps. I have just come to the conclusion that I can't eat like other people eat. If I want to be skinny and healthy, the gooey, yummy, is not for me.
- 0Sep 25, '10 by cathrn64Wow! This is sooo me! I have the worst problem with fast food. I find McDonald's so easy to eat while going from house to house! It is killing me! I have been in home care for almost 19 yrs. I am still fighting this. I know I need to schedule time to eat during the day, but I usually don't. I know I should pack lunch, but I usually don't. I also know I should do more charting during my visits, but there is too much to do. The pt's get upset if I spend too much time looking at my PDA, instead of them, so I end up charting at night and do not have time to work out. (but I still love homecare!)
- 0I gotta do SOMETHING though. Now that fall is here I'm hoping to get back out and do some fast walking. I refuse to walk in this humidity though. What kind of protein bars are good? They say fruit is just too much sugar, but man, it's got to be better than a Snickers....
Know what you mean by wanting to just SLEEP.
Does anybody nod off at work, you who work nights in home care?
- 0Sep 26, '10 by Luv2care0907Quote from didi768I was looking for something with 10-15 gm protein and <6gm fat. I was also looking for something that was <200 calories. The ones I like best are from NashuaNutrition.com. I also like Muscle Milk Light bars.What kind of protein bars are good?
Be careful. Some of these protein bars are very fattening.
- 0Sep 26, '10 by Luv2care0907Quote from didi768At one time, Vitamin Shoppe had the Muscle Milk Light on sale for $15.99 for a small case of 20 bars or so. If there isn't a Vitamin Shoppe in your home town, I suppose you could order online from them. There are tons of these protein bars at these places but the majority of them are high in fat and calories because they contain upwards of 30 gm protein. Atkins makes a protein bar too. There are only a few that fall into the category that I like, but I can't remember what they are off the top of my head. I don't normally buy from them.where can you get muscle milk bars? Which Nashua bars were your favorite?
Hmmm, my favorite. I like the strawberry cheesecake, the brownie one, and believe it or not, the peanut butter and jelly has been one of our favorites. I do like those Muscle Milk bars too.
- 0Sep 26, '10 by isitfridayyet?Quote from didi768I am gaining a ton. Hungry at work, hungry when I get home, eat before work, never enuf sleep, it's endless.
I hate myself.
You must get off the sugar merry go round.
Fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, cheese, fish, meat, nuts, dark chocolate, whole grains (not wheat!!)
Once you've got the drug, I mean sugar out of your system, you won't have such terrible
If you don't have time to pack a lunch, which you really should do most days, then order burgers, etc
without the bun. Carls Jr has a 7g carb burger that is delicioso!!