485 after SOCRegister Today!
- by I<3H2O Dec 11, '11Once the RN goes out to do SOC, how long does it take for the 485 to become available in your agency? I am finding that we are seeing patients for several weeks without a 485 in the chart to be able to tell what we are doing for this pt. I feel like I am unable to teach appropriately if there is no 485 available.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=652635©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,329 Views
- Dec 11, '11 by caliotter3The agency starts a 485 immediately. I have found that I sometimes have to go to the office to get a copy of the 485. I will be told it has not been returned signed yet, and I let them know that a copy of what went forward to the MD's office will do for us in the home. Better to have the unsigned version than to have none at all.
- Dec 12, '11 by jmn126it can take up to a month to get the 485 printed at my agency, that is why the admitting nurse makes a copy of the oasis and places it in the travel chart.
- Dec 13, '11 by Isabelle49The admitting nurse should be able to give you a report and let you know what diagnoses are. You should find a lot to teach about diseases, meds, diet, safety.
- Jan 1, '12 by Sehille4774At Bayada I have a 485 on the first day a case opens.
- Jan 1, '12 by caliotter3Quote from Sehille4774Another reason that Bayada has a generally good reputation. Wish they were out where I live.At Bayada I have a 485 on the first day a case opens.
- Mar 7, '12 by NissaNurseI have had to wait for up to a month and we use cradlemrx. I can't do my charting till they enter in the patient into the system.
- Mar 7, '12 by legalbeagle2DEfinitely have 485 - even if unsigned - in chart! Clinical mngrs are supposed to have the 485 signed and in chart prior to start of care.....And with no 485, how do you have goals etc??
- Mar 7, '12 by jmn126How do you have the 485 before the soc? It isnt generated until the soc oasis is done. We copy the oasis and goal sheets and place into the travel chart until the 485 is printed
- Mar 7, '12 by NissaNurseWell like I have said before. I am a LVN and I can't do my charting till they enter their paperwork in which means I don't get paid but still expected to make visits. When they finally get their part done I can do mine and get paid for it. It used to not be this bad but getting worse. Starting to look for another agency.