VA InterviewsRegister Today!
- by YCAussie Feb 21, '08Hello,
I know this is last minute and I might not get any responses, but I have an interview tomorrow morning at the VA for a GN position. I have worked at the VA for almost 2 years as a Student Nurse Tech, so I'm pretty sure I will get the job, but I am still nervous about the interview.
Does anyone here happen to remember what the interview was like for the VA? What kind of questions they ask or how extensive it is? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=283652©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,374 Views
- Feb 22, '08 by semisweetchickI just wanted to say "good luck" with your interview! Would you kindly share details about the interview after you finish? I'm hoping for a VA interview within the next couple months and would really appreciate knowing what to expect. For example, is it a "group" interview? What did they ask you? Also, what specialty did you interview for?
Hope you get the job!
- Feb 23, '08 by YCAussieI had my interview yesterday and it wasn't bad. The interview was conducted by 2 nurse managers from 2 different units. It was pretty laid back. They asked a lot of questions drawing from previous experiences. For example, "tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma" or "tell me about a time when you did..." etc.
There were probably about 15 questions. They had me rate my skills on a scale of 1-5. That's about all I can remember.
Good luck on your interview!
- Feb 23, '08 by semisweetchickThanks very much for sharing, YCAussie! That sounds like a typical, corporate-style interview, which is what I'm most familiar with. That sets my mind at ease.
I hope you get the job!
- Feb 24, '08 by stardogdaisyTo prepare for an interview with VA do a google search for VA Performance Based Interviews. This is the way that VA does all of it's interviews. The VA calls it PBI. This web site will give you hints are the questions that may be asked during the interview, what to expect and how to prepare. I hope that this helps. Good luck!
- Feb 24, '08 by semisweetchickThanks, stardogdaisy! That's very helpful to know.
- May 19, '09 by chocokittenQuote from stardogdaisyI googled this and the page is downTo prepare for an interview with VA do a google search for VA Performance Based Interviews. This is the way that VA does all of it's interviews. The VA calls it PBI. This web site will give you hints are the questions that may be asked during the interview, what to expect and how to prepare. I hope that this helps. Good luck!
Does anyone have these questions saved or anything?
- May 20, '09 by JKidzMomI was just curious to see how your interview went? Did they give you any time line as to when you might start? or how long it would take to get boarded?? I had an interview about a month ago....still going through the process. Good luck to you!!
- Jun 26, '09 by mzjennxany updates? did you get the job?
- Jul 2, '09 by chocokittenA month after my phone interview I was hired ^_^ I transfer to the SLC VA on July 20th Took a lot less time than expected. Either they were very desperate or I impressed them Either way, I'm happy it went quickly lol Can't wait to move to Utah and get away from Michigan. I'm going from Telemetry to Psychiatry. Wish me luck!