VA Hiring Process - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 3, '12 by jeckrnIt would be for the security clearance.
- Feb 3, '12 by cns121Ok thanks fir clearing that up. Do they send someone to all my references. It seems that they go out during business hours when people are working.
- Feb 3, '12 by Marshall1jeckrn - why would a nurse working in the hospital need security clearance? It seems like a lot of expense and as someone else posted a little extreme for a regular nurse position..wow.
csn - I don't know about an investigator visiting the references..that has not been done in my case and was never mentioned as part of the process..but then I have not been asked or told to complete Equipt but others have. As far as the references..all I was told is at least 3 have to be on file so I put down 6 just in case and I was told the references are mailed.
- Feb 3, '12 by Marshall1also cns121 - Vetpro is completed online as you know and when I completed mine I did put down name/numbers and addresses but these were all business addresses. If I were you I would call HR and ask them directly and of course politely. Are you 100% positive it was a VA person that went to your references house?
- Feb 7, '12 by cns121Ok so I must apologize the investigator I was told was not for me. It was for my references neighbor who also applied for VA ( for what department I do not know.) Im still waiting for a start date and hoping it will be soon.
- Still waiting for a start date!!! Cant wait for that phone call or email with a start date.
- Feb 16, '12 by Marshall1Received my formal offer this a.m. Will start in March. Very excited!! Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you still waiting. Hang in there!
- Congratulations!! !!! Please remind me when you started your process and what va you are hired for. Did they contact you via email or did they call you. Once again congratulations !!!!
- Feb 16, '12 by Marshall1Thank you cns121...I applied at the end of Nov, interviewed about 10 days later..got a call at the first of Jan. to go for my physical etc. as I was the candidate that was selected to move on in the process. Went a week later for that - it took about a 1/2 day. I heard nothing the rest of Jan. I called the HR dept. on Feb 1 - was told I would hear in about 2 wks. She called yesterday & I spoke w/her this a.m. The only thing I received via email was when they requested me to come for a physical - she sent the info. for that then afterwards I completed the VETPRO process online but all other communication was phone. I could've started 2/26 but am going for the next start date of 3/11 since I need to give notice where I'm at now. I am going to be working in a VA clinic - not hospital - in the southeast. The benefits and pay were WAY better than I anticipated. Hope you hear soon - I would keep in touch w/them every few weeks -
- Thanks Im hoping to hear soon. I also interviewed in Nov completed fingerprinting and Vetpro in Dec. My references received and sent back the info in Jan. So hopefully any day now ...