Hello all, hubby is in the Army. I am finishing up school to be an RN. He is supposed to deploy next year, when he gets back... He will be at the base he is currently at now for approximately 6 months, then being sent to Arizona for AIT for his new MOS- which will take another 6 months. We should then get orders to our next base at some point during that time. At some point after he gets back from deployment, I will be ready to take my NCLEX exam. So I have a few questions:
- Where do military spouse RNs work?
- How difficult is it to get these jobs?
- Knowing I will be moving at least 3-4 times (all different states) within a year, what should I be doing as far as my license? Should I not even bother with working?
- There always will be the possibility that we will be going to Korea or Germany, does anyone know what possibilities I would have there?
- Also, I'd like to know if it would be better if I should just stay in our home state until the chaos is done and over with just to have a stable income and actually be able to save money? (We currently are in a long distance marriage while I am in school, so this would be our last resort because we look so forward to the day we can actually wake up to one another and welcome the other home. But, I think we would do it if it was necessary)
- Do you think the Arizona BON would allow me to have a temporary license for the duration of his training if I find a nursing job?
I'm a planner and I like to be able to know my options far in advance so I can be as prepared as possible (and we all know that planning is almost impossible with the military, lol!)
Thank you so much in advance!! - Tor