Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 68
by AjaxAndronicus 124,382 Views | 905 Comments
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Jan 30, '13 by DaniRN421Quote from HooahNurse0221Has your wife mentioned anything about what the deal is with internet at BOLC? Pretty much do you know if it is supplied in all the rooms, or if we have to bring our own wireless cards?Good afternoon everyone, So my wife is at BOLC and she has begun her classes. Please do not take this and not prepare but she told me that compared to Basic, BOLC is summercamp. Like all Army schools it is a hurry up and wait game but, the cool thing is she was offered for her first PT test to be the record for her class or she could take one at the end, so my advise is prepare and get it over with in the beginning. If you have any questions please ask and I will ask her and respond. Best wishes and again good luck to all.
- 0Jan 30, '13 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorBoth 592 (main lodging) and 1384 (affectionately called "the crackhouse") have free wifi. It's a bit spotty, as chudder mentioned, so my roommate actually got herself a mifi/hotspot thing through her cellular provider -- might be something to consider. It's not terrible, though -- I made it using the wifi. It gets a little bogged down because everyone is using it. There are also ethernet connections in the rooms, but ours didn't work.
I'll be at Ft. Sam all next week! Too bad it's too early to greet you guys in person -- I'll be gone before you arrive.
- 0Jan 31, '13 by DaniRN421Since BOLC is less than a month away, my husband and I are trying to make travel plans. I think we are going to drive out to Texas, and than my husband is going to take a plane home. Does anyone know what we do on the first day (the report date)? Would I have enough free time, to check-in, and than drop my husband off at the airport on the 28th, or should we get his flight for the 27th?
- 0Feb 1, '13 by nursespouseQuote from DaniRN421Fort Bliss is like Vegas compared to Sill. I did my basic training and AIT there. If I had judged my entire Army career only from what I seen at Sill, I would never recommend the military to anyone lol. Oh well, she will be able to serve and we will be together, that is really what is important. Just sucks because Reynolds isn't even a major medical center.I'll be headed to Fort Bliss, TX
- 0Feb 1, '13 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorQuote from nursespouseThat's pretty typical for experienced nurses who are joining -- they go to a MEDDAC, not a MEDCEN, because they can hit the ground running and don't need the six months of orientation that new grads get. Did she have other choices besides Sill, or was it only Sill?Just sucks because Reynolds isn't even a major medical center.