Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - page 50
Hey everybody, I'm starting a thread here for those applying to the Army Nurse Corps in FY2013. I figure this might be a good place to get to know other future nurse corps officers and a place for the veterans of the ANC to pass... Read More
- 0Dec 23, '12 by nursespouseMy wife has bought a lot of the stuff, mainly acu stuff. Pants, tshirts, pc, beret(to get shaved and shaped), boots, and PTS. You will get a packing list though. Your recruiter can take you on post and buy some uniform stuff, that you are not comfy with buying online or at military surplus type stores. I think my wife will skip the precourse, so she can spend as much time with family as possible before she leaves. You will probably hear something when your recruiter is back from the holidays I am sure. If you noticed the day after congress approved the defense budget everyone started getting phone calls. lol.
- 0Dec 27, '12 by MTBerRNQuote from kirb32I'm still waiting to hear back from my recruiter as one of the selected for the usagpan program because they put me through with the wrong constructive credit ....I believe they're are still working to get the selected list 100% confirmed before they open the oml. I've heard from some oml selects last year that they find out late January and even February prior to going to bolc... Hopefully they break that list out soon!Has anyone heard anything about the OML for LTHET and USAGPAN programs yet? Just curious.
- 0Dec 27, '12 by HooahNurse0221Quote from jeckrnWe will not be sharing the Marine Uniform. It was brought up but it will not happen as that uniform is actually patented. If you look closely the Eagle Globe and Anchor is inlaid within the cammo pattern. Sorry I have not been on in a while just been to busy with the babies and getting my wife ready as she reports 23 Jan for school. If there are any questions I can help with please just ask.When it comes to buying ACU items do not go overboard and buy alot since they will be replaced soon. The new uniform should be announced any time. The rumor on the street is that it will be what the Marines are wearing, nothing offical thou.
- 0Dec 27, '12 by HooahNurse0221Quote from nursespouseHey Nurses spouse, Congrats again to you and your wife as you guys seem to be moving along swiftly in this process. To answer your question constructive credit does not count for TIS requirements for promoton. When we spoke the first time (sorry, again) that is what I was trying to convey. Right now at HRC there is what is called QSP boards, and with this happening all of those who were promoted to quickly and are less than competative for promo because of lack of time in service are felling the brunt of this process. How it works is those who are nmot selected for promotion after there primary zone or who have been in a grade for a specific length of time, their names are submitted before the QSP board which convenes like a promotion board but instead to decide who gets a pink slip. This is why the Early retirement program was put back into place. The big misconception is that it is to offer early retirement to everyone but this is not the case, it is for those who have more than 15 years in service and get the slip from the QSP board, they then have to submit a request for early retirement. The Army is thinning the heard and this again why I was saying be careful with wishing for promotion because I know alot of Senior NCOs and some senior officers who are feeling it now.I wonder if this is because you are a new grad, or if this goes for all nurses no matter the experience?
- 0Dec 27, '12 by brandonscott116I am also anxiously waiting to hear some sort of news. I am hoping and praying that we will hear good news on or before 10 JAN that LTC Weisgram said was the NLT date we were supposed to hear something.Quote from IrishlizStill waiting to hear from my recruiter as well...I had been told I would hear something by Christmas and I didn't. Hopefully we will all hear something soon!!
- 0Dec 27, '12 by brandonscott116Would this be the MULTICAM pattern that the Army is wearing when deployed right now? They are similar to the marine uniforms in color and design.
Quote from jeckrnWhen it comes to buying ACU items do not go overboard and buy alot since they will be replaced soon. The new uniform should be announced any time. The rumor on the street is that it will be what the Marines are wearing, nothing offical thou.