Please help with job huntingRegister Today!
- by cslxagRN Jun 29, '09Hello all,
I graduated in December 2008 with a ADN, passed RN-NCLEX in March 2009, and started doing job hunting in April. However, I haven't had any luck so far. I have had a couple of interview, but I didn't get any job offer. It is so frustrating. My next step is look for job at LTC, but I don't know how. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I live in Orange County, CA btw.
- Jun 29, '09 by NickiLaughsYou google local nursing homes. Put in applications, and attempt to speak to nurse managers when you are there. Like any other place you would apply.
- Jun 29, '09 by CapeCodMermaidSo okay you're new, but so were we ALL at one time. You just need to walk in with confidence (not cockiness). Have a resume with you. Any work experience will be useful. Anything special you did in school. Be polite and dress professionally and please don't tell the manager that you will ONLY work day shift and really don't want to do weekends.
I hired 2 new grads this week. It will take longer for me to get them through orientation, but the way I look at it, they haven't developed any bad habits. Good luck,
- Jun 29, '09 by mommyonamissionI'm not sure where you are but I would recommend that you network, network, and then network some more! It's key.
Also, create some online profiles. Recruiters parse for talent using online sources more than ever today. So what does that mean? Make sure you have a facebook and linkedin profile at the least with mention that you are a nurse AND you are interested in career opportunities.
Definitely do what other posters have mentioned so far too.
Depending on your time frame and situation, you may want to also consider relocation even if it's just for a year or two.
- Jun 30, '09 by LacieCheck careerbuilder.com and put up your resume. They will also send you the listings in your email twice weekly if you elect to. I did this for the last 2 jobs I worked at and also got a decent amount of interviews. It also allowed me to have abit more choice also. I did get alot of calls from recruiters but only accepted those with local permanent placement. I really didnt have to "hunt" out adds.
- Jun 30, '09 by cslxagRNThank you very much for your help. I will do what you recommended.