I Miss LTC - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 17, '11 by Nickymad1Hey guys, we get cancelled in the hospital I work but we get paid with PTO. Is there a way for you guys to find a place where they offer this benefit?
- Sep 17, '11 by TheCommuterQuote from SuesquatchRNIn what part of TX are you located? I've been living in Fort Worth for the past 6 years. I'm a transplant from California.I love TX. Whoda thunk!
- Sep 17, '11 by pockunitQuote from SuesquatchRNUnexpected knitting time?. . . am required to hang around on stand-by with no pay but ready to go in should they need me. I don't think so.
I think I may go to hospice. I am probably well suited to that by temperment and belief system.
- Sep 17, '11 by JolieGetting paid with PTO is not a perk. It is your employer forcing you to take your hard earned vacation for their financial benefit, not for your rest and relaxation as it is intended, and for which it is earned.
- Sep 17, '11 by caliotter3When did you move to TX? That is quite a change. Glad you like it there.
- Sep 17, '11 by MunchWow my hospital has the complete opposite problem in terms of being on call. We are ALWAYS short handed so if anyone wants to move to NY I am sure you'll get a job in a New York minute...full time with benefits and you will NEVER have to be on all, I don't think where I work knows the meaning of on call.
- Sep 17, '11 by SuesquatchRNCommuter, I am north of Dallas, near the Texoma area. I work in Sherman, live 15 miles north of Melissa. We came here for a grandchild.
- Sep 18, '11 by IdrilRNI love LTC too, and missed it when I started working psych. So I got a per diem job so I have the best of both worlds. We don't get called off on the night shift in the hospital, the other shifts do though.