I just got hired at a LTC any advice?Register Today!
- by wintersetmom Oct 9, '12Hi! I was just hired at a LTC, and I am so nervous! I am a new grad, I only have clinical experience. Any advice on staying organized and not getting to overwhelmed.thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=791192©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 752 Views
- Oct 14, '12 by artsmomBe prepared to be unorganized and overwhelmed. Do not let nurses teach you shortcuts!! Learn how to do things the right way, and make that your habit. Write everything down. I have my report sheet, and keep another one on my cart to write things down as they are thrown at me. "Mr. Blah's leg hurts"- from OT, "Mrs.Smith can't poop"- from CNA... "Blah, blah, and blah...new orders..." At the end of my shift, I read my list and make sure I have addressed each issue, or pass on if I didn't have enough time. Good luck. I love LTC, but it takes time.
- Oct 14, '12 by lovingtheunlovedLearn how to just put your head down and work. Don't let the politics, incessant drama and just crap suck you in. If you can avoid that, LTC can teach you SO much. I loved LTC. Glad I don't do it anymore, but I loved it.
- Oct 24, '12 by sommeilQuote from wintersetmomi might be in the same boat as you soon. i'd like some advice too!Hi! I was just hired at a LTC, and I am so nervous! I am a new grad, I only have clinical experience. Any advice on staying organized and not getting to overwhelmed.thanks
- Oct 25, '12 by LTCNSLTC can be very rewarding but as someone before me said, keep your head down and work. Don't let yourself get sucked into the drama, love the little old men and ladies and make sure they know you care. Once you get a routine down you will be fine. Don't let the initial chaos get to you. You will be okay