Do you have to count lyrica at your LTC facility? - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 24, '12 by NutmeggeRNQuote from Blackcat99If the treatment starts with meds pulled from the E kit, and the pharmacy sends what is ordered then there are a few extra. But I would not think 7 or 8....Unfortunately, I keep finding at least 7-8 extra antibiotic capsules leftover EACH TIME an antibiotic order is d'cd. It's obvious that the patient is not receiving their entire antibiotics as per doctor's orders. I certainly don't have extra time to count antibiotics but if the patient's are not actually receiving their antibiotics then something needs to be done.
- Oct 26, '12 by prinsessaWhen I worked at a SNF, one patient's cytotec came up missing several times. The DON asked several of us if we know anything about it. She also asked what it was used for. All I knew was that it was used for the stomach. I guess it can also be used to stop a pregnancy. I had learned that in nursing school but didn't really remember the other use. We had to start counting the cytotec every shift because I guess someone was stealing it. It is really unfortunate that someone would do something like that! Plus it just made more work for everyone else.
- Oct 26, '12 by GLORIAmunchkin72At our faciity, as it should be everywhere, every med taken out of the EDK is documented. One copy is sent to pharmacy, 2 other copies go to 2 different departments of the facility so we can prove that the course of antibiotic was almost finished before we received the med.
Quote from nhnursieIf the treatment starts with meds pulled from the E kit, and the pharmacy sends what is ordered then there are a few extra. But I would not think 7 or 8....
- Nov 17, '12 by WanderingSagehenNevada- we count Lyrica, but not coumadin and antibiotics, that's seems a waste of precious time.
- Nov 17, '12 by CapeCodMermaidWhy in the world would anyone count an inhaler?!?
- Nov 17, '12 by maddock26@ CapeCodMermaid- Exactly! It's the dumbest thing and a complete waste of time.