GA Nursing Roll Call - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 3, '08 by topgungirl27Hi there!
I've been on this site for a few weeks and I have read some things I never even thought existed...haha. I too am researching the nursing school thing as well. I was accepted to NGCSU last year but wasn't able to attend then. I have recently undergone a craniotomy for a brain tumor and the nurses at Gwinnett Medical were awesome. I even joked that if I were to have another child, I would come back to have it on the neuroscience floor because it was soo peaceful! Anyhow, I am trying to get reaccepted into NGCSU as I already have a B.S. in Community Health and a minor in Psych...any advice from anyone? At this point I'm just waiting to hear back from NGCSU and hope I can get back in for Fall 08.
- Jun 3, '08 by **Trinity**Hi. I'm **Trinity** I am a LPN. I live in north georgia. I am currently re-embarking on my Excelsior journey to get my RN. Hopefully I can have it done by the time I'm 40!!!
- Jul 21, '08 by keasc20Hi there! I am Kirsten and I am a postpartum/NBN nurse in the Macon, GA area! Love it here!
- Jul 30, '08 by jenrn2008Hi everyone, my name is Jen. I graduated in December and passed my board in April. I am currently working in the ICU in Georgia. Nursing is definately different form what I expected. But I have only been working since June 16th. Hope it gets better.... so far I am a bit overwhelmed. I need to learn alot. It took me many many patients before I got my first IV started. There is another new nurse that works with me and she got it on her first try
This is my second career change/ third degree and I am not even 30 yet!!!! I hope I won't be changing again :smackingf
Just wanted to say HELLO!
JENNY, BA, MPA, BSN, RN ()
- Jul 30, '08 by keasc20It takes time to know how to do things...do not compare yourself to other people. It will make you second guess yourself! Sounds like you need a boost of confidence. Take it day by day and try to do your personal best!! ICU is a highly skilled area and it will take you at least a year to be completely comfortable!! Relax and do your best!
Sending lots of encouragement!!
10 years of experience!!
- Aug 7, '08 by vlk70lpn2RNHi,
I am new to the site and nursing. I am finishing my LPN-Charge Nurse orientation at a LTC facility and will be "on my own" next week! I am in So. GA.
- Aug 17, '08 by MursingMaleMy name is Jason. My family moved to GA due to a military re-assignment (wife is an Army nurse). I am an LPN, but decided to hang up that hat for a while so I could pursue my RN (currently a student @ MCG)
- Sep 2, '08 by astarrh34Hi y'all! I'm Amber, a 34 yr old nursing student. Married w/ 3 kids. Hubby is truck driver. Nursing classes begin 10/01/08 and I am both nervous and so very excited. It's nice to meet y'all and I look forward to getting to know y'all better.
- Sep 3, '08 by luv4nursingHi GA nurses! My name is Leslie, I live in Tampa but my husband and I will be moving to Savannah, GA in a few short weeks. I am excited and looking forward to the change, and it appears the pay will be better than FL. I am 4 months pregnant and will be 5 months by then, so I will probably do some home health and/or private duty until the baby is born and then I will go back into the hospital setting, unless I luck out and find a place who doesn't mind hiring me in the middle of my pregnancy when Ill have to leave soon thereafter for maternity leave. I also like that I can take my time going back if I work agency for a while and it wont matter how much time I take off (hopefully at least a couple of months). When I go back to the hospital, I really want to work in L&D or mother baby. Looking forward to hanging out here more!
Id love to hear from other nurses in the area!