GA Nursing Roll Call - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 28, '07 by courtneythenurseHello Everyone!
My name is Courtney. I just moved to Nicholson, GA(NE of Atlanta). I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA- GO STEELERS! I have been a RN for over 5 years and recently completed my BSN in Dec 2006. I love nursing. Most of my experience is in critical care. I also worked in pediatrics, ortho/med-surg, recovery room, and in a private practice. I am currently waiting for licensure by endorsement here in GA. I have heard that this can take a really long time. Anyone know more about this? Also if there are any nurses in the area that can recommend any good options for employment please send me a message. I am currently interviewing but would greatly appreciate any incite. One more thing- any recommendations on a good school for NP licensure? Best of luck to all of the new grads- Hang in there. Nursing is a wonderful career!
- Sep 9, '07 by lighterbeingHi, I'm Linda, work in Austell Ga. I am a resource nurse in a short stay unit. Our hospital is having a staffing overhaul (not good for the nurses or patients) and I am looking into other areas, how the conditions are there, and how loud I should verbalize my objections. I have been told to keep my mouth shut, be positive, etc. I think I will enjoy being a part of this community and other issues, also. Looks like a great pool of information.
- Sep 18, '07 by shannonrj78Hello ALL!
My name is Shannon, I'm from Augusta, Ga. I have been an LPN for 2 years this Dec. I just recently enrolled in the College Network RN program, and am really excited. I worked in a nursing home for a year and a half, and am now employed through an agency doing home care cases and also working at an Adult Day Care center. If anyone else in my area is doing the College Network as well, I would love to chat with you and see how your experience is going.:spin:
- Oct 9, '07 by senatorQuote from Lpn2GaRnHi,HELLO FOLKS NEW TO THE SITE I'VE BEEN A LPN LONG ENOUGH I AM CURRENTLY ENTERING THE WORLD OF IMPENDING DOOM :uhoh21: GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AT GORDON COLLEGE FOR MY RN ANY HELP, ADVICE OR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED LOOKING FOWARD TO HEARING FROM YALL. I HOPE (THINK POSITIVE) I PLAN TO BE A ER NURSE CURRENTLY WORK IN LOWER ATL AREA AT A HOSPITAL IN MED/SUR FOR 9 YEARS.
This is NDT from Ellenwood and you will love Gordon; a great institution.
- Oct 9, '07 by senatorQuote from ndl20Tasha,Tasha Atlanta GA. I figured this would be the perfect place to find out information being that I am new to GA (from Miami) I am an LPN looking to advance my career as an RN but I am a bit confused on which school to go to. I was looking into Georgia Perimeter but have heard some pretty bad reviews. Does anyone know of any good schools in the Atlanta area?
Thanks for your help in advance.
By now you have identified a great learning institution but if you haven't, check out Clayton State University moreover, check out each of the schools of nursing in Georgia.
- Nov 11, '07 by 10ACGIRLQuote from jb2uI'm KIm and I am a CNA living in Macon, Georgia learning to become a Medical Assistant, I just wont be a certifed one.Hello All,
I am Jay one of the moderators of the GA Forum. I welcome everyone to this great site and this forum. This forum is for Nurses and Nursing students to talk about nursing issues related to GA Nursing. Please feel free to announce yourself in this thread.
I also ask that in doing so, if you have any questions please start a new thread with that question so that this can remain a roll call thread only.
Please adhere to the Terms of Service.
Please refrain from posting such things as "Is this hospital good/bad?" Such post are just hear-say and thus unhelpful to you as the original poster. It is better to check the facility out for yourself.
- Nov 11, '07 by 10ACGIRLQuote from RedERRNHey, I live in Macon, too! I am a CNA and I got my respirocity from living. I'm unemplyed right now b/c I cant seem to find an opening with the hours I'm offering b/c of child custody visitation out of state. I did work in a hospital but I dont like the fact of a 12 hour shift. U can get burnt out quick.Hi all you southern belles and gents! I'm Sally. I live in Macon and work at The Medical Center of Central Georgia in the ER. I am currently in school to complete RN-BSN and should be done in August 2008.
- Jan 4, '08 by yellow finchGuess I'll be the first to post in 2008.
I'm J.C. living in the NW 'burbs, working in the ICU at Kennestone Hospital, and really enjoying nursing for the first time! I'm also working on my FNP degree with a graduation date set for 12/08. Clinicals for this program are the best! I'm liking the whole APRN practice.
- Mar 30, '08 by cpqgalHi to all,
I'm Shirley. I live in Lawrenceville and work at St Mary's Hospital in Athens. I work in the Endoscopy Center. I graduated Athens Tech's ADN program in 2006 after transferring from GPC . It good to be out of school.
- Apr 2, '08 by PeaceKeeprHi folks, I'm Jeffrey. I'm in the Moultrie area. I'm not a RN, but have been researching the field some w/ aspirations of CRNA.