Emory ABSN/MSN accepted students summer 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 27, '12 by silvrdove@Amay211
I'm sorry you're still waiting! It's such a stressful process I'm still waiting to hear back from schools in the Northeast. My boyfriend lives in Boston, so I would really like to be able to study closer to him. Emory's deposits are due by March 1, so I'm sure they'll be sending out another set of acceptances at that point (if not before too- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!).
I don't think that my stats are very impressive, but I'm sure that I had strong recommendations and a good essay. My GRE total was 1230, with a 4.5 analytical writing score. My undergrad GPA was only a 3.07, and my prereq GPA was around a 3.75. I majored in Bioethics and didn't submit my application until the day before the December priority deadline. I hope that helps you!
- Jan 27, '12 by Amay211Thank you for all of your information! That is a great help! I have faith that if it is meant to be it will be, so I'm trying not to be overly stressed out about things.
- Jan 29, '12 by JSerienoHi everyone! I was accepted into the Pediatric program! I am very excited, Emory was definitely my top choice! I see some other people are worried about the finances too.. glad I am not the only one.. Does anybody know when they will send out information about scholarships and financial aid? Also, who all is going to the accepted students meeting? I think it'd be great to meet some future classmates!
- Jan 29, '12 by mandawyatt@ayti I am married and have 2 kids. My daughter is 5 and 1/2 (she says the half is VERY important! LOL) and a son who just turned 2.
I can't remember what I got exactly on the GRE. I took the new version and only got the new scores since it was after Dec. 1. I rocked the Word/English part, I think my percentage was like 90% for that part and I did HORRIBLE on the math part. Seriously, MOST of my questions were Geometry and it has been like 20 years since I took that class. So, I only got like 20% in Math. My cumulative GPA is only like 3.2 and this is because my Prerequisites GPA is 4.0. I have a BA in History.
I did register for the Accepted Student's day and I made an appointment with the financial aid lady to talk about my options and possibilities. I got my taxes, FAFSA, and CSS profile all filed on Friday. So hopefully I will find out about my financial aid package before the March 1st deadline. :-)
I can't wait to meet everyone! Does anyone have any idea what the schedule will look like? What the first day of class will be? Is it like 8-5 everyday? Only weekdays or will we have classes on weekends too?
- Jan 29, '12 by silvrdoveI registered for admitted students day too. Is anyone else coming from far away? I have no experience with Atlanta or Emory, so I am planning to spend some time walking around and exploring before everything starts at 2pm. Is anyone else coming from far away, or would anyone else like to tour the area with me?
- Jan 30, '12 by karczyn2Congrats to all you new Emory nursing students!!!!
I am currently a junior in my second semester in the traditional BSN program and I love it. I think you will all be happy if you choose to attend.
Definitely attend the day for admitted students. I came from Seattle and felt that it was truly beneficial.
Welcome and congratulations!
- Jan 31, '12 by T-DashaCongrats to you all!
I'm currently an ABSN '12 student. If you all have any questions I would be glad to answer them.
mandawyatt - I can answer your question about the class schedule. Yes, most days you will have class from 9 - 4. There are no weekend or night classes.
Again welcome to the Emory SON family!
- Jan 31, '12 by olive36Hey all, Do y'all know if it's possible to still get a letter of acceptance? I hope all the letters were sent last week only eek. Emory is my top choice. Congrats to those who got in and best wishes to those still waiting!!
- Feb 1, '12 by bluecloudI got accepted and will attend the meeting Feb 10th for new students .
VERY HAPPY! I look forward to meeting you all!