Words of wisdom?Register Today!
- by roxaween Feb 20I'm just wondering if anyone here had failed out of nursing school and attempted it again and succeeded? That is the current situation I'm in :/ I really want to be a nurse and I know it's not for everyone but my passion for it is deep. I'm just not sure if I should try for it again or accept my defeat.
Thanks! Just looking for a little inspiration
- 837 Views
- Feb 20 by That GuyWhile I didnt fail out, I did fail a class and was seperated from the group I had done pre-reqs all the way to senior 2 with. I will say that it was a blessing in disguise in that I managed to get my **** together, was able to do another 2 month internship and brought my grades up nicely. Landed a good job before school was out, passed NCLEX first try and now working an awesome job.
Its possible but look back and see what caused you to fail and what you need to do about it. Be honest with yourself. You could just roll over and admit defeat, but thats no fun
- Feb 20 by DivaLaJuicySo far I havent failed out of nursing school BUT, I personally know people that has failed a class, retook it, and are now nurses. My mom knew someone that failed five times and now is a nurse. Everything happens for a reason and I think that you should try again especially if its your passion. Find out why you failed, did you not comprehend the information, poor study habits, etc. Good Luck
- Feb 20 by GrnTeaHave a good heart-to-heart with your faculty and find out exactly where your weaknesses are. Then address them definitively, or it'll be the same thing all over again if you come back. There is no shortcut to this. That Guy said it well.
That said, passsssssiiiooooonn or not, some people are not cut out for the rigors of nursing education or, come to that, of the profession itself. You are the only one who will be able to figure out whether you can continue down this path. Let your faculty help you.
- Feb 20 by JRDeeRNGO FOR IT! I am a failed student and I never hesitate to tell people, because dangit, nursing school is hard!!!!
IF it is truly what you see yourself doing, then yes, go ahead and try but have a plan of action that is fail proof. My issues were prioritization in my life and not asking questions and seeking out faculty like the previous poster said. Find different and creative ways to study to make it more bearable until it actually becomes fun to begin to study.
I ended up cutting a chunk out of my social life and dedicating a certain amount of hours each week ONLY to studying. If you dont set a goal, how can you achieve it? make a commitment no matter how much you don't want to study, make the hours of studying that you set for yourself.
I ended up writing out the name of the disease/problem.. Causes.. Medical treatment. Nursing implications... and what to look out for. I then would look up youtube videos about the specific topic i was studying to get a better visual i could picture while taking my tests. hope this helps
- Feb 21 by my3lovesIf it is really what you want to do-Then GO for it! I failed out in my second semester, went back and now I am in my last semester so it can be done! Nursing School is hard! especially when you have to work and have family obligations. Just know that it has to be a priority and don't let your fear of failure get in your way. I can tell you that it doesn't get any easier the second time around, but you can better prepare yourself since you know what to expect.
Good Luck to you!
- Feb 21 by roxaweenThank you everyone that replied, you guys have motivated me so much! I think ill try again and yea ill admit I didn't put it as my first priority and didn't study as much as I should have. But the second time around I won't let it happen again. Thank you everyone ))