When do you find time to work out? - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 2, '12 by macalania54I found that in the first 1.5 years of school, it was pretty easy for me to go to the gym at whatever time of the day I felt like it, once I was done with work and class, because my work load was (relatively) easier. But now, I definitely need to schedule specific blocks of time into my schedule for working out, just like I do for work, class, studying, etc. That makes it easier for me to think of exercising as something that needs to happen, so I don't treat it like "free time".
And sometimes if I'm in the middle of an intense studying marathon I'll make exercise part of my study breaks, like practicing belly dance moves in front of the mirror or hula hooping or taking a walk up and down the stairs of the dorm.
- Aug 2, '12 by Scrubs_girlI start nursing school in 2 weeks and I have a schedule. I will get up an hour earlier than normal so i can go to the gym.
- Aug 3, '12 by kaydensmom01You make the time to exercise. You do whatever you have to, because it is your healthy I wake up at 5am sometimes to exercise. I do it while my son is sleeping. I walk up and down the stairs on my breaks at school. I have made it a priority to exercise 3x/wk for 1 hr, regardless of what is going on. You have to give up free time, but it is worth it.
- Aug 4, '12 by MeganG.JamesI ride a bike to and from school. You can try riding a stationary bike while doing your reading assignments?
- Aug 5, '12 by rubatoQuote from MeganG.JamesI wish I could safely do this. I can ride a good 40 to 50 miles at a time, but I live 30 minutes by car and highway. There's no way I could ride to school. Plus, I would be seriously stinky by the time I got there.I ride a bike to and from school. You can try riding a stationary bike while doing your reading assignments?
- Aug 5, '12 by StcroixRecumbent bike whenever I am studying. Works out great, time goes by fast too.
- Aug 6, '12 by Piglet08Previous post kind of a joke, but also some truth. It can be really easy to put caring for yourself last on the list, as a nurse. And the longer you do that, the harder it is to start again.
- Aug 6, '12 by rubatoI started my 4:30 wake up and run routine today to get ready for school (start in 2 weeks). This is gonna be tough! Maybe I won't run every day after all.