What is your favorite class that you took or currently taking in Nursing School?
- 0Dec 11, '12 by gelibeanI am planning to start in January and I excited to start but I wanted to know what was your favorite class that you have took or taken and why?
I love to hear what everyone has to say
- 1,231 Visits
- 1Dec 11, '12 by CT PixieMaternity and Peds. I love, love, love it. Mom's, babies, little ones, can't get any better to me. some people cringe when they hear maternity, I got giddy I have loved babies from as far back as I can remember. Can't really explain my passion for OB/L&D/peds.
Psych...hate it..with a passion. But I am always told how well I function in psych clinicals (LPN schooling and currently my RN program) and I always get an A in it
Non-nursing classes, really liked microbiology although I went in thinking eewwww micro. Ended up really liking it. Liked sociology and human growth and development. NOT a fan of algebra.
- 2Dec 11, '12 by Wrench PartyFavorite: Probably Peds. Least favorite: psych. Didn't help on my peds rotation when a patient's mother
asked me what kind of nursing I wanted to do, and I replied "Not sure, but definitely not psych".
Turns out she was a psych NP. Whoops!
- 0Jan 19, '13 by Shorty11I am in my 3rd semester so I obviously haven't taken everything yet. (Our BSN program is 5 semesters). So far my favorite class has been Pharmacology. I loved it! It was so interesting to me to learn about all the different classifications of medications, how they worked, side effects, interactions, and patient teaching. Pharm just seemed to come easy to me; I think in part because I found it so interesting. I finished the semester with a high A and a 100 on the comprehensive dosage calc exam for that class.
- 0Jan 19, '13 by Jinx322OB has been my favorite thus far. I had an amazing clinical instructor and the nurses that I was paired up with were AMAZING and even had a chance to assist with 2 delivery's!! I have 2 little ones and it was amazing being on the other side of the action. I can honestly say my OB rotation has me thinking about being an L&D nurse.
- 0Jan 19, '13 by BBRANRN2013My favorite so far has been my OB rotation and Onvology! I can't stand Psych and was really uncomfortable but low and behold I got my best grade ever on my Psych Test lol! I got an A! Does that mean I have some kind of psych problem? Lol! I'm in the Peds clinical right now and next is Critical Care and I'm finished! I guess we will see where I end up when I graduate in August but I'm hoping for OB/L&D or even the NICU
- 0Dec 14, '13 by wonton1Hey Gelibean, I am going to be applying to HCC's nursing program for the fall of 2014, I was hoping I could email you or you could email me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I just have questions about the program. Like your view on the the staff, the school, the organization of it all? just email me if you don't mind! thank you.