What is your favorite class that you took or currently taking in Nursing School?Register Today!
- by gelibean Dec 11, '12I am planning to start in January and I excited to start but I wanted to know what was your favorite class that you have took or taken and why?
I love to hear what everyone has to say
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=801930©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 578 Views
- Dec 11, '12 by Medic24My favorite class was microbiology.
- Dec 11, '12 by CT PixieMaternity and Peds. I love, love, love it. Mom's, babies, little ones, can't get any better to me. some people cringe when they hear maternity, I got giddy I have loved babies from as far back as I can remember. Can't really explain my passion for OB/L&D/peds.
Psych...hate it..with a passion. But I am always told how well I function in psych clinicals (LPN schooling and currently my RN program) and I always get an A in it
Non-nursing classes, really liked microbiology although I went in thinking eewwww micro. Ended up really liking it. Liked sociology and human growth and development. NOT a fan of algebra.
- Dec 11, '12 by Wrench PartyFavorite: Probably Peds. Least favorite: psych. Didn't help on my peds rotation when a patient's mother
asked me what kind of nursing I wanted to do, and I replied "Not sure, but definitely not psych".
Turns out she was a psych NP. Whoops!
- Jan 19 by sillylilly05Quote from Medic24My favorite class was microbiology.
I read that you go to shawnee...who did you take for micro? I am taking it in the summer and want a good teacher! lol
- Jan 19 by Shorty11I am in my 3rd semester so I obviously haven't taken everything yet. (Our BSN program is 5 semesters). So far my favorite class has been Pharmacology. I loved it! It was so interesting to me to learn about all the different classifications of medications, how they worked, side effects, interactions, and patient teaching. Pharm just seemed to come easy to me; I think in part because I found it so interesting. I finished the semester with a high A and a 100 on the comprehensive dosage calc exam for that class.
- Jan 19 by Jinx322OB has been my favorite thus far. I had an amazing clinical instructor and the nurses that I was paired up with were AMAZING and even had a chance to assist with 2 delivery's!! I have 2 little ones and it was amazing being on the other side of the action. I can honestly say my OB rotation has me thinking about being an L&D nurse.
- Jan 19 by BrackEMTgalPediatrics. Hands down.
- Jan 19 by SoonToBeRN2013My favorite so far has been my OB rotation and Onvology! I can't stand Psych and was really uncomfortable but low and behold I got my best grade ever on my Psych Test lol! I got an A! Does that mean I have some kind of psych problem? Lol! I'm in the Peds clinical right now and next is Critical Care and I'm finished! I guess we will see where I end up when I graduate in August but I'm hoping for OB/L&D or even the NICU