What was the hardest course youve taken? - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 28, '12 by DnvrOutdoorsRNHands down, pharmacology. Lots and lots of material to go through on each test.
I had a unique way of studying for them, instead of looking at the effects, side effects, etc...I studied the mechanism of action. That way I could avoid memorizing the effects. Might not work for everyone, but my 1st degree was in Chemistry.
- Dec 28, '12 by CT PixiePre-Nursing (pre-req) CHEMISTRY hands down! Hated it, didn't understand it..still really don't. I passed with an A- but have NO idea how I did it. Chemistry was the whole thorn in my side that kept me from going back for my LPN to RN program. I had attempted Chemistry at my local community college. The teacher taught us at the speed and intensity as if we were all PhD prepared chemists! Withdrew from that class before I ruined my GPA.
- Dec 28, '12 by ♪♫ in my ♥Physical chemistry, thermodynamics, and advanced mathematical analysis.
I succeeded the same way in those that I did in nursing school: Diligent study multiple times every day and being brutally honest with myself about where were my weaknesses and then focusing on those areas.
From my observations of myself, many classmates, and many of the students that I have tutored is that we often waste a lot of time reviewing material that we basically already know instead of forcing ourselves to tackle the material in which we're weakest.
Another problem that many people have is that they fail to really learn the basic terminology and the underlying fundamentals. It's very clear when this is happening because people cannot articulate their knowledge - if you can't articulate it then you don't really 'own' it.
- Dec 28, '12 by 2bnursekisPharmacology!!!!!!! OMG! what a hard class... got a B-... im taking micro, med surg 1 and math this semester.
- Dec 28, '12 by charli_applePersonally, I'd say Pharm but my transcripts would more than likely say Micro...lol
- Dec 28, '12 by irisheyesRsmilinAnother vote for chemistry....The only time I ever had to work with a tutor, and he was a great one, as well as classmates who helped. My teacher was a great one, so I can not blame him. It was just my thick head that could not grasp that class. Ended up with a "C"
- Dec 28, '12 by pnkgirl25Algebra. In order to apply to the program I needed to have passed an algebra class. Yeah....I hate math. Had to take that stupid class 6 times...NO JOKE. I finally passed with an A. Now chemistry and micro...breezed right through them. A's in both.
- Dec 28, '12 by StephalumpStatistics. My brain just doesn't think that way.