Website with Medical Terminology Handout???Register Today!
- by MrsJessica Sep 3, '10Hi Everyone,
I just completed my first week back to school. I'm in my first semester of Nursing School and we meet on Thursdays and Fridays. So far we have gone through 5 chapters of our Nursing Text and I have no science/medical background, so I am having a hard time knowing terms. Can someone recommend a website with terms??? I'm not looking for Abbreviations because we had a power point with them and I printed them. Anything you guys can recommend and I would appreciate it! I'm waiting for our medical dictionaries to come in to school (they sold out). Thanks again!
Thrombus- blood clot
cynosis- blue coloring
- 932 Views
- Sep 3, '10 by MrsJessicaSorry my typing too fast got ahead of me and I can't find out how to edit my post (Cyanosis)
- Sep 6, '10 by dandk1997RNI don't know of a specific website, but there is a podcast course on iTunes that you can download and listen to. It explains things very well so that you don't have to just memorize words- you can put the prefixes, roots, and suffixes together to figure most new medical terms out fairly closely without having seen them before. I don't remember the specific name, but if you search iTunes for medical terminology, you should be able to find it. I think there were three or four parts.
- Sep 6, '10 by emtoh17medterms.com
- Sep 7, '10 by orcagrrrl2003http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/Me...rm/default.asp It has a whole course to study, but you can just go to the quizzes. Not really printable, but handy either way.
http://msjensen.cehd.umn.edu/1135/me...ixes_list.html Again mostly online, but you could print the Quizzes and fill in the answer yourself.
http://wps.prenhall.com/chet_fremgen....cw/index.html The Companion website for Medical Terminology: A Living Language.
Best of luck!
- Sep 7, '10 by Anne36Im also interested in picking up some medical terminology. My school does not require medical term as a pre-req. Anyone else go into Nursing School without medical terminology? Did you do okay picking up on it as you went through school? If its such a big deal I wonder why it isnt a pre-req?