Vaccination Waiver Please Help Quick!!
- 0I was just informed that our clinical rotation that we start in 4 weeks has just started requiring nursing students to get the flu vaccine. Can someone please help me find the right waiver documentation to get out of it?! I only have three weeks (documentation has to be provided at least a week before we start the rotation). I'm not sure whether I need a student waiver or healthcare worker waiver. I'm in Illinois. Thanks in advance!!!
- 3,094 Views
- 1Sep 19, '11 by SnMrsSmileyWhere I am we can sign a waiver for hepatitis although I dont think you should forgo that one, BUT with the flu virus.... please stop and think about where your going to be? what your going to be doing? with all the sick people that you are going to be doing these things too. Then think about your family and friends that you will come in contact with if you are carrying the flu virus around. Then go to your local walgreens and get a freakin vaccine.
- 2I feel that proper hand hygiene and the use of PPE is sufficient to prevent the spread of illness.
My OP was not "Reasons I Should Get the Flu Vaccine," it was asking for help with finding the correct documentation to waive getting it. I ask that replies be geared towards helping me meet my desire to maintain my health through natural interventions--not vaccination. Any advice on finding the waiver documentation is greatly appreciated.
- 0ScottE, thank you for your reply. I have contacted my nursing program coordinator (I haven't gotten a response yet), but this is a facility requirement, not a nursing program requirement, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I only have 1 semester left, and only 8 weeks will be spent at the facility that is requiring the flu vaccine.
I'm curious if the waiver process is any different for nursing students than it is for employees at that facility, but I think you're right about contacting my nursing program coordinator as she should be able to get clarification from the facility. Thanks again for your reply.
- 1Sep 19, '11 by ashleyisawesomei totally agree with you on not getting the flu vaccine.. never had it, and never had the flu... wish i could find some information for you, but i cant seem to find anything. possibly contact the facility directly and ask them?
so glad my school doesnt mandate them.
- 0Thanks traumaRUs; I really appreciate your looking into it.
IF it turns out that I do have to get the flu vaccine, would it be better to get the injection with the preservatives (if they don't offer preservative free) or the nasal spray with the MSG? And, is it possible to get the flu vaccination that doesn't have H1N1 in it?