There is a thread I subscribed to in general nursing that is "things you'd love to tell a coworker" (or similarly titled) and I've loved following it! I think we nursing students need one!
1. Student: No, I do not think it is appropriate that we all agree up front to give each other perfect scores on a group project. I probably would have given you one, though, if you hadn't plagiarized most of your part.
2. Faculty: When you give us a question that does not imply "pick the best answer", and I am able to prove to you why two answers listed are, in fact, equally correct according to our textbook, it fills me with rage when you tell me I still got it wrong.
3. Faculty: It was so unbelievably inappropriate that you shared with us in clinical post conference that babies are a gift from god, we shouldn't interfere with the process of natural conception, and people should "just" adopt. You have every right to your opinion, whether I agree or not, but this is an academic setting and you don't know the first thing about any of us, including our reproductive health status or how we were conceived.
4. Faculty: Your judgment about why I'm going into nursing and whether my physical limitations will slow me down was not appreciated. It was also not appreciated when you advised me to give up.
5. Students in my cohort in general: Not to go all sappy on you or anything, but you have renewed my faith in your generation and you have uplifted my spirit on so many occasions. It has been such a joy knowing you and going through all of this with you. I hope with all my heart we stay in touch after graduation.
6. Faculty: You may not realize this, but you made the smallest side comment to me one day that touched my heart in such a way that has kept me committed and passionate in my goals. Sometimes it's the smallest gestures that go the longest ways, and my appreciation for you is endless. Thank you!
Anyone else have anything they've been holding back???
Faculty: thank you, you have a thankless job.
Faculty: can we live in the real world? Just for a teeny second.
Student: who died and made you king high &#$!# of nursing school? This isn't social hour, stop, nobody is gonna elect you prom queen here.
Student: I admire you on a deep level, with everything you are going through, and you are still getting through this? Wow...
Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Feb 3, '14
: Reason: changed to all symbols