Starting OB ClinicalRegister Today!
- by SoonToBeRN2013 Jan 25, '12Woohoo, just had to let everyone know I'm starting OB Clinical tonight. I'm so excited. This is why I went into nursing.
- 2,480 Views
- Jan 25, '12 by imapsychrnWe rotate and the other students that have OB right now got to see several births! I was so jealous since I am in Med Surg right now!
- Jan 25, '12 by Al.gingerTalking to OB nurses I've heard that "It is the only floor where we like to be busy" meaning that people generally coming to OB for happy events and not for being sick
An it is also a miracle! You witnesses the life coming to the earth. Facinating.
I guess hospice nursing is also about major life event but more on the sad side. Depened on your belifes
- Jan 25, '12 by SoonToBeRN2013Wow I had so much fun tonight...got to see the little ones in the NICU which is where my daughter was for quite some time. This is why I wanted to become a nurse. I so want to be a L&D or NICU Nurse...
- Jan 25, '12 by GinRN77Have a great time! I originally started out wanting to do OB/NICU because of my experiences with my kids. I now do ER :-)
- Jan 26, '12 by SoonToBeRN2013I might change my mind...lol
- Jan 26, '12 by badmamajamaI'm glad to hear you had fun!!! I bet you had to stop yourself from just picking the little ones all up and snuggling them!
I'm also glad you have experience as a mom of a NICU baby. Wait, let me rephrase that, I'm not glad you had the experience, but I'm glad, SINCE you had the experience you can bring that to your clinical rotation. You will have an empathy for the babies and the parents not all the other students will have. Hopefully you won't need to draw on your own history but it's there if you need it. I'm hoping your children are all well now???