Six Rights of Med Admin....HELP!Register Today!
- by soontobelpn Sep 18, '03I'm getting ready for my first Pharm test, and it seems as though I saw an acronym somewhere for the "Six Rights of Safe and Accurate Medication Administration".
Do any of you know a good acronym to remember:
"The right patient must receive the right drug in the right amount by the right route at the right time, followed by the right documentation."
Thanks for your help!
- 11,624 Views
- Sep 18, '03 by kwagner_51here is one I just made up:
6R --> P DART D
- Sep 18, '03 by Ortho_RNSorry... No good acronyms.. BUt if you just think about it, it should be fairly easy to remember...
You need The right PATIENT
The right DRUG
The right DOSE
The right TIME
The right ROUTE
The right documentation
- Sep 19, '03 by chichesterjwhen did they add the 6th right i just took a med course in august and we were taught five rights??
- Sep 19, '03 by TeresaRN2bOkay dumb, but I remember it like this
Dopey - Drug
People - Person
Don't - Dosage
Remember - Route
Things - Time
Do they? - Documentation
- Sep 19, '03 by TeresaRN2bOriginally posted by chichesterj
when did they add the 6th right i just took a med course in august and we were taught five rights??
- Sep 19, '03 by ginokidI've learned the 6 rights. And ofcourse your going to document on the med's think about it
Graduate in 51 day's and counting!!
- Sep 20, '03 by debRNo1Originally posted by ginokid
I've learned the 6 rights.
T right time
R right route
A right amount/dose
M right med
P right patient
Guess documentation is the 6th right ??
- Sep 20, '03 by Ortho_RNWe were taught 7.... I think Right to refuse is the 7th, but I will have to look in my Nsg 1 notes..