preparing for testsRegister Today!
- by Lordswill Jan 3Just starting the LPN to RN program. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me if the NCLEX book helps you with med-surg
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805743©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 3 by heather1988I have the HESI NCLEX RN book and the Saunder's NCLEX review book. I usually study the lecture powerpoints and use the NCLEX study books for additional information to help me understand the modules. I prefer those books over my textbooks.
- Jan 3 by LordswillThank you for the info. How far are you in the program?
- Jan 3 by heather1988I will be starting my last semester tomorrow. You said your in the LPN to RN program, so how far do you have till you graduate?
- Jan 4 by LordswillI graduate December of 2013... really concerned about my dose calculation test that I have to get a 90 on. I haven't did them in a long time.
- Jan 4 by Alexandria8263I have the Saunders nclex book too. I like the book a lot, plus it has great reviews. Also, my Med-Surg Success book by Colgrove is great for nclex style questions
- Jan 4 by gatoraimsLPNQuote from LordswillThere is an incredibly easy line and they have a book that helps with medical math and dose calculations. I was able to buy a book off Amazon for pretty cheap and it has helped me as well as a few of my fellow students. Good luck and congrats!I graduate December of 2013... really concerned about my dose calculation test that I have to get a 90 on. I haven't did them in a long time.
- Jan 5 by jngo91Dosage Calculations Made Incredibly Easy! (Incredibly Easy! Series): Springhouse: 9781605471976: Amazon.com: Books
^ Really awesome for dosage calculations
Amazon.com: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Rn) (9781437708257): Linda Anne Silvestri: Books
^ Ridiculously awesome nursing cliff notes. I am using it for when I take med-surg this Spring.
I also would buy the Davis's success series for Med-Surg, I've had good results for their maternal-newborn version
Med-Surg Success: A Course Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Q&a Series): Kathryn Colgrove, Ray Huttel: 9780803625044: Amazon.com: Books
- Jan 6 by LordswillThank you all so much for the info. I am going to be ordering books tomorrow. Do the NCLEX books you suggest have a CD that has practice tests that can be done on the computer?
- Jan 6 by GrnTeaYou're just starting a different path-- thinking like an RN is not the same as thinking as an LPN, although I fully realize that you won't appreciate the difference until you've been out of school a few years. For now, humor me. I think it would be a lot more productive if you started focusing on the RN thought processes, and that means a lot more understanding the whys of things and less preemptive worrying about the task of passing the NCLEX.
Get the NANDA-I 2012-2014 immediately to start getting a leg up on care planning (this is also not what you think it is). Free 2-day shipping for students from Amazon.