Physical Exam required for Nursing program....questions!Register Today!
- by haiden304 Apr 9I have to have a physical exam done this summer before my nursing classes start and a few things on the list I'm very uncertain about.... :/
Please describe in depth how they test these and approx. how long they take .... it will be greatly appreciated!
-Genitourinary (i'm a female)
THANKS!! )))Last edit by Joe V on Apr 15
- 3,903 Views
- Apr 9 by Miiki SNI've never had a physical last more that 20-30 minutes.
- Thanks for your input
- Apr 10 by rubatoDon't worry. It's just a standard physical exam to make sure that you're healthy enough to be a nurse and do the duties you will be required to do. Nothing invasive, just the standard stuff. 30 minutes and you're out of there. We did have to have an updated vaccination list (either titres or proof of vaccinations) and a TB test. I ended up needing a round of Hep B shots and a tetanus.
- Apr 10 by TaitMy physical was just a basic check-up with a doc the school recommended. Was nothing more than I would consider a sports physical in high school.
- I read that the gastrointestinal exam was where they had to stick barium in the rectum... I sure hope thats not true! lol
- That would make much more sense, huh? LOL. Thanks! What I read must have been for an exam if the person thought something was wrong with their intestines or stomach or something like that.