NSNA Convention: What am I going to DO there?Register Today!
This is a discussion on NSNA Convention: What am I going to DO there? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... So I'm going to convention with two other students, and one of them is bringing his wife. I...by redhead_NURSE98! Apr 12, '09So I'm going to convention with two other students, and one of them is bringing his wife. I reviewed the schedule, and honestly, I am wondering why I am going. No offense but I don't give a rat's patootie about candidates and their speeches, and it seems that the better part of a day is taken up with that stuff. I assume that a "focus session" is an educational seminar type thing? I will look forward to those, and the exhibitors, but aside from that, WHAT ELSE IS THERE? I feel like there is a lot of time that we will be on our own.
I know they have the NCLEX review, but this is my first semester of nursing school, so I didn't sign up for it. I didn't feel like I knew enough to make a review worth it at this point.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=384289©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Apr 13, '09 by Soon2BNurse3I'm going too and I have no idea what I'm gonna do either!!! I figure it's kind of a free vacation (flight/hotel/food are all covered for us).
I'm sure you'll have a good time!Last edit by Soon2BNurse3 on Apr 13, '09
- Apr 13, '09 by That GuyYep my trip is paid too! I figured our group is playing it as it comes at us. Oh and the girls all want to go shopping so I am sure I will be getting drug along to do that.
- Apr 13, '09 by Soon2BNurse3Haha....that's funny....what school do you go to?
- Apr 13, '09 by cursedandblessedis it too late to decide to go?? it would almost be worth the drive, the hotel bill and the late registration fees just to get away.
- Apr 13, '09 by redhead_NURSE98!I wouldn't think so. It just costs a little more to register.
- Apr 13, '09 by UVA Grad NursingThere are also a lot of seminars and talks (not all candidate things). For example, I am speaking on two panel about preparing for the next stage of schooling (RN-BSN, MSN, doctoral programs) and how to find money for this. I've been speaking at NSNA conventions for several years (both midyear and annual).
There are also talks about various specialites (midwifery, flight nursing, critical carem parish nursing, etc). NSNA is also a great opportunity to network with other nursing students from around the country.
Enjoy the convention. I am also exhibiting, and we have been told that they are 3100 registrants already.
- Apr 13, '09 by cursedandblessedi think i'll wait until next year. cardio test on monday. a trip to orlando a month before graduation might be a really great thing. you guys all have a great trip!!