Quote from katyosu2006
It's not exactly creative, but you can never go wrong with a gift certificate for a nice restaurant or a favorite department store. That's what we usually go with.
* I assume it is a class gift? If it is and it is a big class, you can try Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry 8th Edition (2 volume set). 8th edition just recently came out and so your instructor is not likely to have it. It is expensive so you need a big class to chip in.
* A subscription to "Journal Watch - Psychiatry" which is like $65.
* A subscription to "Psychiatry Drug Alerts" $77.
(there is a sample on the web)
* A gift certificate to the hospital's cafeteria where you all did the clinical.
* A nice big card with all of you signing it and have it frame.
* Tell your instructor that the whole class has decided to go into psych nursing
* Have your instructor autograph your psych textbook
ps. Yes, the bear with the straight jacket might put the instructor in a uncomfortable situation because you guys meant well but it might be offensive.