math test frustrationsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on math test frustrations in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... We have three attempts to pass the med math exam (minimum score is 100%). I got 100% in the med...by jescalynn Feb 25We have three attempts to pass the med math exam (minimum score is 100%). I got 100% in the med math class, get 100% on every practice test in class and outside, I just missed one on my second attempt after missing one on my first!! I have one attempt left, a week from now and I am ready to scream.... I don't know what keeps happening to me! This is my last shot, I don't get 100% I fail this semester, I am so frustrated and upset with myself. I never thought I'd be in this position
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=818083©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 25 by PalmHarborMomWe had pretty much the same type exams for Med Calculations. Get a calculations book (the school library should have one if you don't) Some of the book publishers have websites that have tons of practice questions. Here's the tip... do calculations of every type, over and over, then keep going. Once they become 2nd nature, you are ready. It also makes calculating meds in the hospital alot easier.
One of the biggest issues that I have seen is not reading the question as thoroughly as possible. For instance not realizing that an injection med is available in micrograms per milliliter, and the order is in milligrams. As hard as it may seem, when it is time for the exam, try to relax and breathe. Obviously, you can do this. Take your time, relax, breathe and it will all fall into place.
- Feb 26 by jescalynnMy problem is not reading, I got the dose on hand and the dose ordered mixed up this time, as one of the girls in class said, I've already screwed up as much as possible, now it's time to get down Ty business, harsh reality I guess It's just going to be a stressful week until I can take it again
- Feb 26 by jescalynnThank you for the words of encouragement by the way
- Feb 26 by Esme12((HUGS)).....I don't understand the 100% in school. Especially at first when you are learning. Teach the students don't threaten them into submission.
However......in the real world the in no room for error. A "small" miscalculation can kill a patient especially a child.
First you must RELAX. Take a deep breath. You KNOW you can do it....you proved it in quizzes.....usually when someone messes up on tests it is becasue your are freaking yourself out.
Fill your head with I can and will do this.....I can do this....I will do this.
I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers....
- Feb 26 by Kimynurse((hugs))
You can, and will do this
- Feb 26 by rubatoGood luck on your 3rd attempt. I was SO there last semester.
- Mar 5 by jescalynnThank goodness I passed!!!
- Mar 5 by Esme12Good for you!!!!!!
- Mar 5 by KimynurseCongratulations