ITT tech RN?Register Today!
- by bublinkova Jul 4, '12So, I almost went for an interview for this program and then I started hearing dreadful things about it. More than a couple people have complained about the clinical for peds being absolutely ridiculous. They went to a daycare center for 10 hours and watched kids throw mud at eachother!!!!!! Is this really happening? I surely wouldn't think any proper hospital would hire grads from this school but maybe I'm wrong??
- 4,050 Views
- Jul 4, '12 by morteput a "bug" in the nursing boards ear....
- Jul 4, '12 by SummitRNQuote from bublinkovaShort answer, yes.the clinical for peds being absolutely ridiculous. They went to a daycare center for 10 hours and watched kids throw mud at eachother!!!!!! Is this really happening?
Long answer, yes, many for-profits have "sub-par" clinical placements, or advertise great clinical placements, but only 10% of the class goes to those, the rest end up in day care or doctor's offices.
- Jul 4, '12 by TheCommuterThis school advertises heavily on television. If a school advertises constantly on TV, it is usually because the tuition is grossly expensive and most of its graduates would not bother referring the place by word of mouth.
Due diligence. . .Buyer beware. . .
- Jul 5, '12 by whosurdaddycheck the ITT boards, see if you can find one graduate, let alone one that got a job. ITT always says they are going to be accredited and never are plus $55,000 for nursing school. OMG, my nursing degree cost $3,000
- Jul 5, '12 by mortePlease, if anyone knows for sure that this is going on, with any school, please report them! They are not meeting clinical hours required.
- Jul 5, '12 by bublinkovaThank you for your responses! I also heard that they keep applying for accreditation and then just keep on getting denied but that way they can continue to inform students that they are "in candidacy". Such a scam!! I have looked high and low for some reviews from graduating nurses from there and not one of them have posted as far as I can tell. I think I'm just going to apply to a real university for my BSN. And credits don't transfer from ITT....lovely.Last edit by bublinkova on Jul 5, '12
- Jul 6, '12 by bublinkovaAnother thing I just found; I was scrolling through ITT's facebook page comments and a nursing student was displeased with the fact that for OB clinical they watched videos instead of real clinical experience. Wahhh??