I.V.s ROCK!Register Today!
- by HeartsOpenWide Feb 5, '07I started my first I.V. today and got it on the first try! It was so awesome! I have been drawing blood for five years but have not done any since school started. It felt good to be back in a vein, and the whole I.V. with the advancing the cath gave a element of a new challenge. It was great! Just wanted to share. Feel high
- 528 Views
- Feb 6, '07 by DaytoniteGood for you! Congratulations!
- Feb 6, '07 by Achoo!I was going to post the same thing! Congrats to you!
I started my first today too, although it wasn't perfectly smooth. I am not familiar with the retracting needles, and as I was advancing the catheter, the needle retracted on me( those darn little buttons), so I only had 1/2 of the catheter inserted. My instructor " floated" it in the rest of the way. The man had been in the hospital a long time and had bruises up and down his arms, so I felt pretty good! Woo Hoo 20 gauge! ha ha!
- Feb 6, '07 by BonnieScCongrats to both of you... I felt the same way when I did my first one... makes you feel like a "real" nurse
- Feb 6, '07 by muffieit is exhilarating
keep up the good work !
- Feb 6, '07 by Bammywow congratulations! cant wait to do the same myself!
- Feb 6, '07 by melissar121yea!!! i know the feeling i just did my first foley cath!