How come nurses don't rule the world?Register Today!
- by BRONXBABY Nov 6, '01I wanted to thank everyone that have been so kind with their encouragement and support!! Nurses should rule the world...where else can you get someone willing to take time out of their life for people they do not know, sometimes at the expense of their own family? The support I've found here is amazing!!
If I've learned anything, so far, it must be that you've got to live life, not just exist in it!!
This philosophy has brought me back to school. I am not content to just get by anymore...I need something more. The people I've met on this board have only reinforced that decision.
Have a great day, all!!
- 717 Views
- Nov 6, '01 by calliouYea! You're right! We should! (Or at least the health care centers! )
Have a great and wonderful day!
- Nov 9, '01 by nurseybikerchicWe do kinda rule the world if u think about it, I mean, where would the world be without us?. Methinks a very sorry place. I only joined this board a few days ago and I think its a great place. Nurses on here from all over the place and some great conversation topics. Im sure if u put a problem on here u would get a whole load of great answers. Only problem is I cant get anything else done, too busy chatting on here!
- Nov 9, '01 by KC CHICKwe do rule the world.....secretly. don't tell anyone, especially the docs!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
just keep letting them think they're the boss. yeah, right!
- Nov 9, '01 by essargeKC...is that what my mother used to call "reverse psychology"?
- Nov 9, '01 by KC CHICKYUP!!!! I think so.
You ever watch the t.v. show 'scrubs'? My favorite episode, so far, showed that the nurses were in control. A med student upset one of the nurses, then tried for days to obtain charts she needed from them.....good luck, honey. It was only after she apologized that the charts became easier to get. TeeHee!!!
- Nov 10, '01 by PhantomRNi happen to believe we rule the roost as well and the smart doctors know that is the case. they have been taught by the old time nurses what kind of behavior we expect from them.
i salute the old time nurses who made it easier for me to do my job. i like how they would hide charts or make the 3am tylenol call for a misbehaving md. you go rns.