Getting Organized at Clinicals...Is it possible??
- 1Oct 4, '12 by jaxmom1216How do you get organized at clinicals? When I carry a clipboard to help fill out and keep papers organzed, I feel like it gets in the way. Where do you put it when you go in the pts room? What about those on contact precautions? When I don't carry one and just take papers I can shove in my pockets I feel like such a jumbled mess...What's the best way to get it all together? Thanks!
- 2,237 Visits
- 0Oct 4, '12 by CopperTail87I use a clip board or a folder. If they're on contacts keep the board upside down outside of the room, like up at the nurses station. The folder is nice cause you don't have to worry about forgetting to turning it upside down to keep pts info safe. I know other students like to use a three ring binder. Also if you get a clip board that has an internal area for papers to stay organized is good too.
- 0Oct 4, '12 by rubatoWe have 7 people in my group and we're all different. I fold and shove papers in my pocket along with my little notebook. We have one who uses a clipboard. The rest all use their folders with pockets and leave all paperwork inside. They leave these on the workstations on wheels unless in isolation. There is a cart outside each isolation room and they just leave their folders on the top of those. I'm thinking I will need to change over to this because I feel so unorganized. I've got my SBAR, assessment sheet, notebook, drug cards, etc...... and it's just a big mess.
- 6Oct 4, '12 by Esme12 Senior ModeratorYou need brain sheets.....organization is key!
brain sheets.......here are a few.
mtpmedsurg.doc 1 patient float.doc
5 pt. shift.doc
day sheet 2 doc.doc
critical thinking flow sheet for nursing students
student clinical report sheet for one patient
iI made some for nursing students and some other an members (daytonite, RIP) have made these for others.....adapt them way you want. I hope they help
- 2Oct 12, '12 by RNpearls1908OMG i absolutely love you Esme12 lol all your posts regarding helpful fuides to nursing school is amazing!!!!! Lord knows you did not have to provide so much info like your pharmacology cards reviews and other things for us nursing school students you are a life saver and a blessing. Once again thank you thank you