Finding health insurance...
- 0Hi all! I was wondering if anyone else is running into a problem finding affordable health insurance for the nursing program?? I will only be working part time in August when classes start so I will not be eligible through my work for coverage and I am also a Type 1 diabetic so coverage is extremely hard to find. Can anyone give any tips or places to look that may provide affordable plans for someone like me??
- 1,267 Visits
- 0I have a doctor that I used to work for that sees me without my insurance and a program I use to get help on my insulin right now but it is required for me to have health insurance the entire time I am in nursing school per the program I am going into. I have to be able to provide proof that I have it before August 6th or I will lose my spot for the program
- 0I haven't looked into that I will though...unfortunately I have to have the proof before 2014 I did have someone tell me that the NSNA offers insurance for nursing students but I am unsure if they cover preexisting conditions and really don't want to purchase a membership and not use it for anything else. I live in a small town so none of their conferences are ever held around here that I know of. Do any of you guys know about the NSNA?
- 0Jun 19, '13 by CindysBrainHi there,
I purchased health insurance through NSNA. It was about $360.00 for 3 months coverage. I don't recall them ever asking for any health history when I signed up. I've had the insurance now for 4 months and its been great! Here the link:https://www.uhcsr.com/Default.aspx
Best of luck!
- 0Jun 19, '13 by CindysBrainHi,
No, there was no down payment and if I recall correctly you could purchase 3, 6, & 12 months at a time. I purchased this insurance when our family lost our coverage and the nursing coordinator at my program recommended it. I was still able to see my existing Dr. under the plan.