Can you take NCLEX in a different state?
- 1Jun 28, '12 by BritmumI am still waiting to hear if I get into an ADN program for this Fall but I'm trying to think ahead and I have a question about the NCLEX.
I am in GA but my DH is in the army so we move around a great deal. We just found out that the army may make him move before my nursing program is over. I will definately stay here in GA to finish the program but I will want to move with my kids to where my DH is as soon as the program is done. How will that work with taking the NCLEX? Do you have to take the NCLEX in the state that your program is in (in my case GA) or can I just go ahead and move and then take my NCLEX in another state?
- 0Jun 28, '12 by Sun0408KelRN is the most correct. Your application for NCLEX will ask you which state to send the results to or something like that. You will have to apply to the state you want your license issued. Your school should help your with the application process from both the state BON of your choice and your NCLEX application.
- 0Jun 29, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN Admincompact state only works if you keep a main residence in one state and work in another. if you move residence then you have to apply for a license in the new state
i have a compact multistate license and i am relocating to another compact state. can i use my current license in the other state?
when relocating to another compact state and declaring that state as your primary state of residence, you must apply for licensure by endorsement and notify the former state board of nursing that you are no longer a resident. you have 30 days in which to be licensed. it’s recommended to start the application process prior to the move. a new multistate compact license will not be issued until you provide a declaration of primary state of residency form to the state board of nursing.
- 1Jun 29, '12 by SentimentalGeek, ADN, RNSomeone said when registering for NCLEX it asks to which state the results will be sent. Is it possible to put more than one state? I will be taking it in Nebraska but am considering the possibility of moving to Colorado after graduation.
- 0Jun 29, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminQuote from SentimentalGeekNCLEX results will be sent to the state you make your initial license application.Someone said when registering for NCLEX it asks to which state the results will be sent. Is it possible to put more than one state? I will be taking it in Nebraska but am considering the possibility of moving to Colorado after graduation.