What's your nursing kryptonite?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What's your nursing kryptonite? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... It goes without saying that to be a nurse, you need to have (or quickly develop) a strong stomach....by ktliz Jan 24, '11It goes without saying that to be a nurse, you need to have (or quickly develop) a strong stomach. But even with a stomach of steel, nursing kryptonite can leave you nauseated and gagging, even if only on the inside.
I'm only starting clinicals next semester, so granted, I still have much to see... but thus far in my life, the thing that disgusts me the most is, oddly enough, tonsil stones! How can something so small be so repulsive?
What's your nursing kryptonite?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=528549©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 24, '11 by orthonurse55Anything that comes OUT of the mouth! That's just not natural!
- Jan 25, '11 by Debra ACRNThose long honking loogies that take as long to cough up as a cat with a fur ball, I'm sure I turn green and then they want you to look at it...........ugh
- Jan 25, '11 by ReginaPhalangePOO!!! I can handle ANYTHING else but poo turns me into a gagging mess.
- Jan 25, '11 by nurse chanceMy kryptonite? Writing people up. Last Night was my first write up as a nurse and it so happened to be that person's last, it was hard for me because i want everyone to like me and im a caring person but when it comes to these residents i want the best care for them
- Jan 25, '11 by lolasmomma2bLVNEar Wax (Not Mine of Course) Watching a patient clean his/or her ears, literally gags me! VERY STRANGE!!! I can handle pretty much anything else that comes my way!
- Jan 26, '11 by Darkfieldopen fractures.
- Jan 26, '11 by General E. Speaking, RNstringy sticky trach secrections... blech!
- Jan 26, '11 by missladyrnphlegm ewwwww
- Jan 27, '11 by cav5got to go with stool-especially if there is a GI bleed. Try very hard not to let it show!